Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why exactly is the heavyweight division so weak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why exactly is the heavyweight division so weak?

I miss dudes like Holyfield, Lewis and especially Tyson

I mean I really want to get back to watching boxing, but it's so damn hard with the state boxing is in right now. Is it because so many phenoms are taking up sports like football and basketball instead?

No, it's cause the Klitschko's are so dominant. They keep blasting away these American HWs.

Comment

I do believe that they're taking up other sports. They must be, surely. There's no way that the whole of America hasn't produced one world class athlete capable of becoming a great HW champ of the World, or even close to that, in 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by thesenuts View Post

I mean I really want to get back to watching boxing, but it's so damn hard with the state boxing is in right now. Is it because so many phenoms are taking up sports like football and basketball instead?
        you answered your own question

Comment

'So many phenoms'?

I wouldn't say so many.. but yes, I'd say that a few possible world class American boxers are playing other sports.

Today's Heavyweights are real heavy too. Giants. I admire Wladimir Klitschko because hardly any big men are great fighters.

Comment

It's because we have 4-5 guys that are the only legitimate players in the division. And that includes Wlad and Vitali.

Everyone else simply don't have what it takes to be champion or even a legit contender. It's shocking really.

Comment

All I know is it has nothing to do with the Klitschkos being so dominant, it has to do with us not having any good heavyweights anymore. Wilder is the only decent HW and even he doesn't appear to be that good of a boxer to me, just has a lot of power.

Comment

Originally posted by thesenuts View Post

The American side that is.
                Why spend years trying to make millions when you can get it off the bat in Basketball or Football?

Comment

Outside of the Klitschkos, who has both the talent and the work ethic to be great? No one. That's the biggest problem. Those who work hard don't have the talent. The ones with talent don't work hard.

I'm not getting into the American side of it, I've had that argument a dozen times. People have their own opinions and no one listens to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Outside of the Klitschkos, who has both the talent and the work ethic to be great? No one. That's the biggest problem. Those who work hard don't have the talent. The ones with talent don't work hard.

I'm not getting into the American side of it, I've had that argument a dozen times. People have their own opinions and no one listens to each other.
                    The ish I've seen Wlad do for training is ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                    X