Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
    Pretty sure Hatton shut Malignaggi out.
    Yeah, Hatton won all but one round, but let's be real, that stoppage by his trainer wasn't really called for. He wasn't taking the damage like he did against Khan. Khan was POURING on that damage!

He domianted him better than Hatton. . .

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      by beating a bunch of nobodies like senchenko and cano? he's proved he's a great matchmaker.
      Well Dag'gum, you're just wrong here!

Maglinaggi has only lost to world class boxers in his career. . .

Senchenko isn't a bum; he was like a 2, or 3-1 favorite against Malignaggi. Malignaggi is a very solid little boxer. . .

Comment

A mere con is a fraud, I've told you all for years, accept FACTS! You all called me a racist, said I knew ****, he was great etc yet I was proven correct & most of you left rather than staying to face the music

Once again he will fight a defensive midget this time hes a division smaller, as 95% of the time he has zero power.

You can go on Khan beat so and so 5 years ago whose really just a name & a C level fighter all night but reality is styles make fights & he will virtually always look good against defensive midgets & zombies!

Everytime hes fought a guy his own height or near, hes been creamed. The guy is not good and it doesn't matter who trains him, he is still Amir Khan.

Virgil Hunter training Amir Khan is like putting glitter on a turd.
        The only reason he is training that clown is for the $$$$$$$$$
        Hes an intelligent guy, he knows deep down hes a scrub. But hes a scrub who generates $$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Well Dag'gum, you're just wrong here!

Maglinaggi has only lost to world class boxers in his career. . .

Senchenko isn't a bum; he was like a 2, or 3-1 favorite against Malignaggi. Malignaggi is a very solid little boxer. . .
          he's only lost to good fighters(he got a gift against ngoudjo is he world class?) but has he ever beaten anyone near the top of a division? nope. senchenko......awful. never fought a ranked opponent and barely beat guys like charlie jose navarro. definition of a fraud. the odds were in his favor because malignaggi sucks and no one knew who senchenko was. they just looked at his record. plus it was in his hometown. only after the fight began did people realize holy crap this guy never learned how to box.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
            I never knew why Golden Boy never protected Amir Khan like they do with Canelo. Not that I'm complaining. I respect the fact that Amir Khan is facing tough oppositions. But this is just out of curiosity. They were trying to turn Amir Khan into a star.
            Team Khan had very heavy financial demands with a contract with GBP for over $1 Million per fight. GBP had to create fights that would be financially viable and the bottom line is putting Khan in with lemons would mean they would be running at a loss. In truth they did try and protect Khan,there was that convoluted deal to keep Maidana away from him for over a year and the Peterson fight was a mandatory as was the Maidana fight. Maidana went to court to get purse bids and force the fight. The risky fights were mandatories.The Garcia fight was risky but Khan had lost his titles and the 2 losses on the spin put Khan in a position that he was really irrelevant on the World scene and they went for broke.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
              Khan's hunger, heart, and focus are second to none ... he wants to fight the best and be the best ..

Just a poor defense and unreliable chin

i think those are the same words that each boxer tell themselves...

having poor defense and reliable chin is truly khan's characteristics though...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                I think it's got more to do with Khan than anything else, the guy literally wants to fight the best, remember he chased Bradley for a year and at the time Khan and Bradley were considered the best in the division, but of course Bradley refused to take the Khan fight in the end.

Khan gets a lot of credit from me, he's a true warrior even when he got knocked down with that great shot from Garcia he was still trying to dig deep and fight back. I think most people wouldn't have got up the way that shot landed.

Dude is a real fighter, wants the best, gets hurt and wants to throw back. All that despite the fact he can't take a punch and has ****ty defense.

Khan>Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                  Here are Amir Khan's last 10 fights. How much more protection should he have been given? It's not like Golden Boy threw him to the wolves.

Danny Garcia
                  Lamont Peterson
                  Zab Judah
                  Paul McCloskey
                  Marcos Rene Maidana
                  Paul Malignaggi
                  Dmitriy Salita
                  Andriy Kotelnyk
                  Marco Antonio Barrera
                  Oisin Fa.gan
                  lol,he was suppose to be protected from those guys..lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Lol he fought the murders row of Salita, Barrera, MCloskey, Kotelnyk.
                    Salita - Mandatory
                    Barrera - Second fight after devastating ko loss (also not golden boy promoted)
                    Mcloskey - In top 10 at 140 at the time. not the best DEFINITELY not the worst.
                    Kotelnyk - Tough world champion who has proved himself a world level fighter against Maidana and Alexander. Even if you dont have him winning those fights (i have him 1-1). Also the fight was promoted by Frank Warren.

Im not a lover of Khan by any means but he at least fights or tries to fight the best.

Comment

Also if Khan and Goldenboy had had their way he would have Bradley and a Peterson rematch on his record (not necessarily wins). Both of those fights fell through because of situations outside of their control.

Comment

Working...
                      X