Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham in Tears Over Loss: I Was Cheated!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Steve winning 8-4.

Then again I'm biased against Adamek.

I think he's a product of careful home cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      So there was 2 separate score card changes? This should be ruled a No Contest and the judges disciplined. This is professional prizefighting, you can only call what you see, but there shouldn't be any post fight fidgeting with the scorecards.
      No scorecards were changed.

Someone just read them wrong. Michael Buffer had a bad day.

Comment

Keep ur head up Cunningham, everybody knows you won.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          It was a close fight, there was definitely no robbery.

If Cunningham had been more aggressive, he'd have won. But he ran too much and didn't throw enough in some of the rounds. He just jabbed, he should have thrown more power punches.

Adamek landed far more power punches according to the statistics.

When Adamek would hit Cunningham, BJ Flores would say "hard right by Cunningham". Likely many viewers were influenced by the jingoistic commentary.
          Most of press row wasn't listening to Flores and had it for Cunningham from my understanding.

He still out-threw Adamek didn't he? I also felt he landed the clearer shots. Jabs still count though and I din't feel like Adamek's flurries at towards the end of many rounds were enough. He looked to miss most of the time.

Comment

I feel bad for him, waited 4 years for the rematch, then gets robbed

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              It was a close fight, there was definitely no robbery.

If Cunningham had been more aggressive, he'd have won. But he ran too much and didn't throw enough in some of the rounds. He just jabbed, he should have thrown more power punches.

Adamek landed far more power punches according to the statistics.

When Adamek would hit Cunningham, BJ Flores would say "hard right by Cunningham". Likely many viewers were influenced by the jingoistic commentary.
              Not mad at the red k..... But I along with several other posters here had the same score of 9-3 including Cliff Rold..... Did you red k him as well???

Another suggestion.... Check twitter and see if you see more scores resembling mine or yours

If Fightscore collects scorecards for this bout I will link you there as well

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                Not mad at the red k..... But I along with several other posters here had the same score of 9-3 including Cliff Rold..... Did you red k him as well???

Another suggestion.... Check twitter and see if you see more scores resembling mine or yours

If Fightscore collects scorecards for this bout I will link you there as well
                Almost no one anywhere has Adamek winning. They sure as hell don't come up with 116-112. I like Adamek and picked him to win, but this was silly. 9-3 was fair. 8-4 could have been.

For Cunningham.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  I feel bad for him, waited 4 years for the rematch, then gets robbed
                  Don't it's karma from the rematch he never gave after winning close fights over G.Jones, rubbermatch to Wlodarczyk after he was good enough to give Cunningham a rematch or a bogus win over Ross who was beating him.Steve is more than happy to take controversial or cheap wins and walking away with a smile but cries anytime the same thing happens to him like Hernandez I or this. Guy is a hypocrite
                  Last edited by Mikhnienko; 12-22-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Don't it's karma from the rematch he never gave after winning close fights over G.Jones, rubbermatch to Wlodarczyk after he was good enough to give Cunningham a rematch or a bogus win over Ross who was beating him.
                    No such thing as Karma

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      Don't it's karma from the rematch he never gave after winning close fights over G.Jones, rubbermatch to Wlodarczyk after he was good enough to give Cunningham a rematch or a bogus win over Ross who was beating him.
                      Cunningham has certainly had his share of fortune as well, though Wlod is a bad example. He got jobbed silly in the first fight. Ross was highly questionable, but Hernandez I offset that.

In some ways, it works out. Pulev beats the hell out of either. Now Adamek can take that ass whipping.

Small reward.

Comment

Working...
                      X