Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Hopkins' Shoulder Really Dislocated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever it was, I am convinced there will be no structural damage and te MRI will report a Sprain

Comment

why would he fake a injury to get out of a fight and lose his title?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        why would he fake a injury to get out of a fight and lose his title?
        I agree. Especially in the 2nd round...what is the deal with that? I think there is a legitimate injury.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I agree. Especially in the 2nd round...what is the deal with that? I think there is a legitimate injury.
          Because the correct call should have been a NC and he knew that, we all do, allowing him to keep his titles

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
            No it was not dislocated, he wouldn't be able to keep his arm straight, let aone shrug his shoulders in to show Kellerman the difference between his shoulders in the post fight interview.
            great point about the shoulder shrugging.
            i'm a massive hopkins fan, but the ease at which he did the shoulder shrug suggests to me he was exagerating the extent of injury.

Comment

fact is dawson had ill-intent when doing what he did... he is the one to blame..... Long live Benard Hopkins the soon to be lhw champ again

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
                explain the report by dr sam thurber tweeted by dan rafael that i showed in the video that reads "dislocation".
                Dan Raphael may not know that a separation is completely different from a dislocation. A separation can be merely a strained tendon, not visible on Xray, whereas a disclocation is an actual removal of the ball of the humerus from the shallow socket, and very visible on Xray. A fighter could fight with a separation, but not with a dislocation. I fall from a bike onto the pavement, got a dislocation; also the ball was cracked in 3 places....... I haven't had full arm/shoulder movement since.

I used to play rugby with a fellow (he was also a very good boxer) whose shoulder would dislocate sometimes more than once in a match. We had a couple of doctors on the team and it would be attended to on the spot. Painful but instant.

I'll be very surprised if Hopkins had a dislocation, and believe, before the announcement, (if we ever get it- a doctor is not allowed to discuss a patient's condition without his permission, and many would not anyway) that Hopkins was playing up for all he was worth. It was he who initiated the whole action by deliberately throwing himself across Dawson 's back and pushing him down.

I'd siill be doubtful, especially if it is Hopkins or his team who issues the report. If it were to be untrue, the doctor can't contradict him anyway.

Comment

Dawson was going to win and i think Hopkins tried to fight dirty...again. But it back fired and Dawson behaved just as a fighter should have behaved... foul a fighter back during the action of the fight (not sucker punch him when he's not expecting it).

Hopkins just can't beat the young hungry fighters (since the Taylor fights).
                  Last edited by bose; 10-18-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    the funny thing is a "dislocated arm" has different grades.......the pics that was shown in the vid are people with EXTREME cases of dislocation, many people dislocate their leg or arm & it snaps back in place. it's happened to me plenty of times.......& others snap out of the socket & won't go back (needing serious medical attention) the point is you have different levels of a dislocated arm. the vid only shows the EXTREME cases.............
                    Last edited by americanbot; 10-19-2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

The shoulder injury is a bad news to any boxer using Shoulder roll as defense.
                      What if a Boxer got hit so hard in the shoulder joint?

He gets flustered immediately with wild and hard combos in his face.

Sonny Liston experienced such injury, so he quit the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X