Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi the two best in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Is Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi the two best in history?

This is an honest question guys, I look at the acocmlishments of Pele and Maradonna. Its clear they entire resumes is built off of their stellar performances at world cups, Maradonna wasnt doing 20% of what Ronaldo and Messi do for their teams weak in weak out, the only difference between today and then is really better and more organized defensive teams, I cant imagine what Ronaldo would do to the ****ty defenses of Peles time, im pretty sure both Ronaldo and Messi would crap all over Peles 1000goal record if they spent their entire career playing in the MLS, I think if either one of Ronaldo or Messi win a world cup, they will become the undisputed greatest player in history. Some argue Messi already is but he hasn't proved himself at international level like Ronaldo has, he hasn't dominated another top league like Ronaldo has, and he has a better structured/consistent team to play to his needs than Ronaldo, not to mention the fact that hes been playing with that exact system for much more than a decade.

All things being equal I think it's fair to say Cristiano Ronaldo at 27 is already the greatest player to ever lace them up, he only needs to win another champions league but this time with Real Madrid and carry ****ty Portugal to atleast a semi-final in a major tournament(worldcup/euro) again like he has many times now to solidify his status.

I think Messi & CR7 are probably the greatest players to ever do it, if you look at things on a purely statistical basis. They are definitely up there. It's ridiculous what these guys have accomplished so far.

I can see why somebelieve Messi is the GOAT but I can't disagree with those who put CR7 up there. (I tend to go back and forth between them two and Zidane). CR7 has run the PL & killed it in Madrid and was integral part of wrestling back the La Liga title from Barca last year. Not to mention he's scored something like in 9 El Clasico's in a row (which I believe is a new record).

For me though thinking about it right now Zidane is the GOAT. The guy carried teams both domestically and internationally. He was incredible.

I think we're lucky to be living in a time where we've got two of the (possibly THE) greatest players to ever lace up a pair of boots.

It's a debate no-one can really win either as both have valid points but CR7 doing it in possibly the two toughest leagues probably edges it.

Comment

Zidane and Cruyff are the GOAT's respectively. If Messi wins a World Cup then yeah, he's gonna be at the top of the food chain.

Comment

Ronaldo isn't even the best in Spain. How people can put him ahead of Messi is madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
          Ronaldo isn't even the best in Spain. How people can put him ahead of Messi is madness.
          Because he's done it in two of the toughest divisions that's why.

There are valid reasons to put CR7 ahead of Messi.
          Last edited by P4P_No1; 12-13-2012, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Cristiano Ronaldo has done it in 2 countries in 2 separate leagues.

Ronaldo's international career >>>>> Messi's international career.

Comment

If Messi and Ronaldo were playing in the same era as Maradona or Pele they would'nt be the players they are today cause the football looked different back then. You can't really compare different eras like that. I mean 20, 30, 40, 50 years from now the best football players will make todays football look amateurish.

Diego Armando Maradona is still the undisputed champ IMO. If you disagree with me I'll hunt you down and kill you.

Of course both Ronaldo and Messi among many other players in todays game would have an easy time scoring goals and dominate if you brought them back in a time machine, but that wouldn't be fair because they were brought up in this new era of football.

Maradona was an amazing football player who dominated his era. Let's say if he was born in 1985 instead with todays training he'd be en even better player. Based on talent only Maradona could very well be the greatest player ever. Not only did he take Argentina to two world cup finals in a row. When they won in 86 he dominated like no other player has ever done before.

He also made Napoli a worldclass club team. Napoli had not won any major titles before Maradona joined....but with Maradona they won two Scudetto, Coppa Italia and the Uefa cup 198?.

Another thing is he has the best and most powerful name in the history of the sport.

Don't be scared.....Just say it out loud a few times (powerful, isn't it?)

Diego Armando Maradooooooooooooooooooooooooona!

Last edited by VatoMulatto; 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Ronaldo - no; Messi - possibly, but it is too early to say definitively.

Comment

Give me Zidane.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

He compares himself to Jesus, modesty is for the weak, Diego is the G.O.A.T

Comment

Working...
                    X