View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1139 Post(s)
Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,142,428.75
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 
Keep'in them real - jaded nice post - lefthook2daliva Top Rated Consistant Poster - ironmt 

I started an amatuer boxing team in 1978 the boys were 11 thru 13 yrs old and I had all the weight classes except heavyweight covered in the J.O national program. As they grew older their weight classes changed and by the time they were in high school they were Open Class USA/ABF boxers.
Their report cards came to me before they got to their parents, I was a big part of the schools counciling programs and was alligned with the neighboring Youth Divisions in three different police departments.
The reason I'm telling you how I managed these young men is to show you that routines and schedules are extremely important in the organizing of a active boxers life when school comes first plus the ability to be active in state, regional and national tourny's.
School in the morning till 3pm for them back then, meet me at 4:30 for road work, then a small meal at their homes and be done by 6:00pm and in the gym by 7pm. Back home by 9pm, and this was every week day/night!
They all made sacrifices as to some social activities and some school participation also. These young people had goals and went after them very agressively, so set your goals at realistic levels and go after them with everything you have. Never fluff off your school work because school is the foundation for your desicion making for the rest of your lives. Boxing is only a part of your life, your education is forever.
If your not prepared to box why would you accept the bout? Theres never a reason to disrespect yourself by not being ready to perform at your highest ability. Never bend under pressure from others if you know your not prepared.
Pass on this show and get ready for the next one, good luck! Ray Corso
Ray Corso is offline   Reply With Quote