help me lose my weight please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me lose my weight please!

Hi everyone,
    I'm totally new on this site, and it looks that this forum could help me a lot...
    I'm 30. I starting boxing 3 weeks ago. I had done a bit of fulll contact, of french boxing (savate), so I knew the basics but I never commited. I practiced ice hockey for 10 years, rugby and all kinds of sports.

Now I'm crazy about boxing, I wanna train everyday but my trainer told me I shouldnt, other people too. so I train 3 times a week for 2 hours.

I'm 1m80 for 92 kilos. I know it sounds bad, but it's not all fat... lol
    Anyway I'm trying to get in shape, I need to be faster on the ring.

In 3 weeks of training, I haven't lost one pound! I don't understand...
    I even think I gained weight! i used another scale so I'm not sure, but yesterday it was 95 kilos... scary!

Could you give me tips on what exercises to do to lose weight? Is the heavy bag good or bad?

This is my first post here and I'm sure it won't be the last...
    Thank you in advance for the help you'll be able to give me, and I hope I can be helpful in return...

Originally posted by redizdead View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm totally new on this site, and it looks that this forum could help me a lot...
    I'm 30. I starting boxing 3 weeks ago. I had done a bit of fulll contact, of french boxing (savate), so I knew the basics but I never commited. I practiced ice hockey for 10 years, rugby and all kinds of sports.

Now I'm crazy about boxing, I wanna train everyday but my trainer told me I shouldnt, other people too. so I train 3 times a week for 2 hours.

I even think I gained weight! i used another scale so I'm not sure, but yesterday it was 95 kilos... scary!

Could you give me tips on what exercises to do to lose weight? Is the heavy bag good or bad?

Thank you in advance for the help you'll be able to give me, and I hope I can be helpful in return...
    chances are if you just started exercising for the first time in a while your building up muscles hence the weight gain, if you keep it up the weight should drop.

also watch what you eat, you could run 10 miles every day but if you dont watch what you eat it wouldn't make a difference.

Comment

yeah... I try to. first 2 weeks I ate only proteins, except for lunch, I had pasta or rice to get energy for my training. There were exceptions, 2 or 3 times, when I went to the restaurant for dinner. It didnt work, so now I'm trying to eat much more vegetables, and I quit eating carbs before training, I usually eat a fruit like a banana one hour before.
      Thank you for your input, I'll keep on training hard and wait to see results on my weight!
      I'll also try your walking thing

Comment

yeah... I try to. first 2 weeks I ate only proteins, except for lunch, I had pasta or rice to get energy for my training. There were exceptions, 2 or 3 times, when I went to the restaurant for dinner. It didnt work, so now I'm trying to eat much more vegetables, and I quit eating carbs before training, I usually eat a fruit like a banana one hour before.
        Thank you for your input, I'll keep on training hard and wait to see results on my weight!
        I'll also try your walking thing
        protein is good for before training, your body is always recovering if you have protein before training it will help you recover while you train.

carbs are good for after training, your body tends to break carbs down into glucose more quickly.

the banna sounds good, maybe try some cotage cheese or yogurt with it, and after training ive always been a fan of chocolate milk or oatmeal.

Comment

Well how much are you looking to lose? A great way to lose weight and get your cardio up is that Insanity exercise package. It'll have you losing weight in no time. Keep in mind it is pretty darn hard to do though. If you are just getting back into working out I wouldn't recommend it cause it's that difficult, plus it costs over 100 bucks. But if you're really dedicated and you don't mind on spending the money i'd say it is the definite way to go IMO.

Comment

Trust me my friend for pure weight loss DIET is everything, u can get technical about it but basically the simple facts are eat healthy foods a balanced diet that is and less calories than u burn off. I was out injured for a long time and put on 2 stone, diet and some long walks/jogs dropped the weight in a hurry. If ur wanting to get boxing fit i recommend short sprints with short breaks, some plyometrics and a couple of days rest each week

Comment

thank you guys!
              I'm starting to really like this forum...
              Well how much are you looking to lose? A great way to lose weight and get your cardio up is that Insanity exercise package.
              I'm very curious about that INsanity package!!!! what's that??
              I'm more dedicated than I ever was... I fell in love with boxing and I'm in such in a hurry that I scared one of my coaches... I weigh at 92 kilos, so 202 lbs. I think if I get to 85 kg, 187 pounds, I'll feel very good. And then, we'll see if I can get my first fight, despite my old age, at 82kg or something... I don't think I can go under 180 lbs. Maybe I could, but I think I would have to lose power if I did.

protein is good for before training, your body is always recovering if you have protein before training it will help you recover while you train.

carbs are good for after training, your body tends to break carbs down into glucose more quickly.
              Really? I thought it was the opposite... carbs before training, 3 or 4 hours before, to have energy, and then proteins after training to build up muscle... Why would I need my glucose after training? To accelerate recovery?

Comment

Really? I thought it was the opposite... carbs before training, 3 or 4 hours before, to have energy, and then proteins after training to build up muscle... Why would I need my glucose after training? To accelerate recovery?

you tend to have glucose in your system, like most carb loading is done the night before like with a large meal of complex carbs. some simple carbs a bit before you train will help with energy but more importantly is proteins/amino acids so while your training your not breaking down muscle to repair the muscle.

after training and while training your body converts carbs into glucose at a much greater rate, so as an animal if youve been jogging for 5 miles looking for food and you find the food when you eat it it will more quickly turn into glucose giving you energy to go looking for more food.

a mix of proteins and carbs are best before and after training but before there should be a higher % of protein to help your body from breaking down more then it needs to while training and after carbs are more important because they are broken down into glucose more quickly, and your glucose stores are going to be low so your going to want to replenish them, low glucose can effect your hydration, energy, and blood sugar lvls.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Eat less. You're probably eating more because training makes you need more food. Just give it a little less than it wants.

Comment

Working...
                  X