• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lepai won TKO6.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
      Lepai won TKO6.
      Looked ordinary doing it though. He gets hit with pretty much every punch that his opponent throws. As soon as he comes up against anyone decent and in-shape he is going to get killed.

Beck was making him look silly at times last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        Looked ordinary doing it though. He gets hit with pretty much every punch that his opponent throws. As soon as he comes up against anyone decent and in-shape he is going to get killed.

Beck was making him look silly at times last night.
        I agree.
        The ref probably stepped in a bit too quickly I reckon too.
        Still it was probably only a matter of time until he went down.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
          I agree.
          The ref probably stepped in a bit too quickly I reckon too.
          Still it was probably only a matter of time until he went down.
          Yeah, he wasn't in good enough shape.

If Beck was in shape I think Alex would have been beaten handily.

Comment

Agreed, he may have won but he looked pretty average doing it... I thought he was lucky to walk away with the win in his last fight too, I didn't manage to catch any of the other fights... were they worth watching?

Comment

Not exactly domestic but Sam Soliman has a fight coming up in Berlin. What have the other half Aussie names been up too?

Comment

It's been pretty quiet.

I suppose the big news is that Zappa has a title shot against Miguel Vazquez for the IBF 135 strap. It's on the Cotto/Mayorga undercard at the MGM no less. Big stage, big opportunity.

I haven't heard much from Geale, I suppose he's biding his time seeing as he's mandatory now for a title shot.

There were also rumours of Katsidis fighting Guerrero in his next fight.

Comment

Kats has been talking about bringing some big fights to Australia on his facebook page. Also about donating his next purse to flood victims in Toowoomba.

With 25 fights against mediocre opposition - some of whom he struggled with - I can't help but think Zappa is being rushed into this big world title fight. I like his style and his toughness, but in my opinion this is just a bit too much too soon for the 23 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
                    Kats has been talking about bringing some big fights to Australia on his facebook page. Also about donating his next purse to flood victims in Toowoomba.

With 25 fights against mediocre opposition - some of whom he struggled with - I can't help but think Zappa is being rushed into this big world title fight. I like his style and his toughness, but in my opinion this is just a bit too much too soon for the 23 year old.
                    I'd love to see Katsidis fight here and would definitely travel to QLD to see it. His fight with Guerrero has been postponed I've read, possibly to the Wright v Macklin card in the UK in April.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2695/brea..._off__for_now/

Regarding Zappa, I tend to agree. His last win was sensational against Kim, but a first round KO doesn't prove a lot. There's still question marks surrounding him and how much he's improved since Angulo.

Comment

Or if he's improved since Angulo, who was robbed in that fight. (Same judge, Hamada, who scored Katsidis beating Diaz was on the panel.) You only get better by facing better boxers, and like you say, knocking a guy out in the first round proves something, but not everything.

Whatever, you only find out one way and it's not like Vazquez is a monster. He's on a similar level to Katsidis. Beats above average fighters well, but can't quite get there at elite level. Never disgraced himself. He's lost to Tim Bradley and Saul Alvarez twice, the second time at 148. Nothing to be ashamed of. Only knocked out 12 guys in 30 fights.

I respect Lenny for stepping up like this. I'll be checking this card out for sure. It's the best fight on the card. I think Cotto-Mayorga is a massacre. Mayorga has nothing left and hasn't for years. Love to see Cotto-Martinez.

Anyway, closer it gets, let's all get behind Lenny Zappa. I just know it'll be a balls'n'all effort win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X