Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd retired today where would you honestly rank him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    How could you have Delahoya ahead of Floyd?

Floyd beat DLH when DLH was younger than Floyd is now.

DLH lost nearly every big fight he was in: Trinidad, Mosley 2x, Hopkins, Pacquiao...
    That De la Hoya was old and done. In his prime he would have beaten Floyd.

Comment

I would rank him 10 places behind Pacquiao. He ducked so many fighters in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
        disagree on Oscar,Tyson,Frazier and Lamotta and Pryor
        Lamotta beat Robinson. Name one fighter on Floyds entire resume that should be mentioned in the same sentence as Robinson. His pressure would have been to much for Floyd, Robinson barely kept him off, i don't think Floyd could. Tyson is in the same boat as Floyd, with mediocre opponents but impressively beat them, more impressively that Floyd beat his. Tyson fought everyone, besides foreman. Frazier I explained above and Pryor and a prime de la Hoya I think would have out worked floyd.

Comment

Defense Top 5 easily, he can make a case for being #1. Offense, not on my list. P4P Right Below Pacquiao, where ever they land. Except for JMM, Manny was more impressive against common opponents, Pacquiao is 4-1 in the leftover battle.

Comment

an ATG but ranked below Pac..

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
              Defense Top 5 easily, he can make a case for being #1. Offense, not on my list. P4P Right Below Pacquiao, where ever they land. Except for JMM, Manny was more impressive against common opponents, Pacquiao is 4-1 in the leftover battle.
              Pac is really wild on offence, no real skill or timing unlike Mayweather. Pac does well against guys who come straight foward at you, put someone in there with good lateral movement and counter punching skill and he'll struggle. I'd rate Mayweather's offence better than Pac, Pac just has the advantage on speed and power. Skill, timing and accuracy is not even a contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Right behind Lucian Bute

Comment

Very high among the all time greats. He has always been in top condition an performed at a high level. He never once had a bad night even if some think he lost to Castillo,considering how good Castillo was that night. He had a very long prime from age 21 until now. I think he was at his best below welterweight but he is great at 147 as well. Top 25 at least and maybe much higher. Most of the guys considered all time greats had some really poor performances, but not Mayweather.

Comment

Top 30, same with Manny.

Comment

Working...
                    X