No announcement yet.

Serra - GSP III in New York?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serra - GSP III in New York?

First, let's hope fans can respect what they witnessed in the GSP-Serra rematch and choose not to complain about an early stoppage. Seems even Serra accepts the Ref had no choice. Sure, it's a bitter pill for Serra fans to swallow, seeing their guy turtle and stop fighting, but it's the reality.

Serra-GSP III is a definitely possibly, if Serra wants it. Let's hope it's in NY State, where Serra can enjoy the advantage of a home crowd. But, it's possible the GSP fans might actually outnumber the Serra supporters, even in a New York venue, really. But, it didn't look like too many Serra fans made the trip to Montreal, which is only 400 miles staright north of NYCity on Interstate 87.

Will it happen? And, whose gonna travel to see it?

well i think Serra will fight Hughes first, Matt Hughes said he wants Serra if he gets beat by GSp, so

Comment

Serra vs GSP 3, I don't see that happening. But their is a possibility.

Comment

I said this in an older post that if Serra loses he will most likely fight Hughes and St.Pierre will face Fitch. If Serra wins the Hughes fight then he should have a re-match with GSP in NY. If Serra loses and Hughes wins then there will most likely not be a rematch between St.Pierre and Hughes and they will find someone else to fight GSP

Comment

It can happen.

In NY though? I don't see it happening for at least another year.

Comment

Serra could fight GSP in his own living room and it still would not make a difference. He would get out-classed again and again and again.

Comment

So I guess Serra is a "mental midget" now. Obviously, he can't handle a few boos. Serra will never make it back high enough to even smell GSP's farts.

Comment

GSP said is himeslf. He didn't take Serra seriously the first time. This time he took him seriously and Serra paid by losing

Comment

On the record books, it's 1-1 in the GSP - Serra meetings. But c'mon guys, Serra doesn't deserve another shot at GSP! He simply got his ass handed to him last night.

I'm the first one to laugh whenever an "armchair qb" calls a punch a lucky one, when talkin' about a prizefight. But ****, that Serra punch wasn't even a punch, it was more of a lucky elbow that landed on the back of GSP in the first fight.

I'd rather see Penn get another crack at GSP or Penn fight Hughes in a trilogy.

Comment

As i said in an earlier post, id love to see Serra move back down to his natural weight of 155 and possibly set up a rematch with Bj Penn.

If not id defiantly want to see a Penn GSP rematch. I actually felt BJ won the 1st fight so a rematch would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X