No announcement yet.

Wlad's "weak" chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Ok, you have a decent argument on that. Let's agree he is not a big puncher.

Now, have you seen the punch he landed on Wlad in 6th round? Do you think weak/bad chin would survive that?
    Seing as I don't think he's a puncher, I don't think the punch was too hard even though it was clean.

Wlad not having a solid chin means it had an effect and he did well to move on the ropes and stay calm to let it pass. I think someone with a poor chin can survive a punch from a non-puncher, yes.

Wlad took the shot and stayed calm while wobbled which was key, unlike an Amir Khan or even a younger Wlad who would get in a panic and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      How can you have a good chin if you have been put on your arse about 50 times?

Most dominant heavyweights have hit the deck numerous times.
      Joe Frazier was down 11+ times
      Joe Louis 12 times

Ali, Marciano, Tyson, Foreman etc was knocked down multiple times in their careers.

Its heavyweight boxing. There is no heavyweight who doesn't pack power.

Comment

How many times?

And did he get up after all of those? How many fights he fought?
        Knock down is -1 point on the score card nothing else.

It is very strange to judge on 3 out of 62 fights...
        about 50! haha bit of an exaggeration but you know what i mean. you dont have a good chin if you have been down like he has.

getting up after being knocked down shows you have heart, not chin!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Most dominant heavyweights have hit the deck numerous times.
          Joe Frazier was down 11+ times
          Joe Louis 12 times

Ali, Marciano, Tyson, Foreman etc was knocked down multiple times in their careers.

Its heavyweight boxing. There is no heavyweight who doesn't pack power.
          i dont disagree with that, but he doesnt have a good chin. an example of a good chin is antonio margarito. not wlad klitschko!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Seing as I don't think he's a puncher, I don't think the punch was too hard even though it was clean.

Wlad not having a solid chin means it had an effect and he did well to move on the ropes and stay calm to let it pass. I think someone with a poor chin can survive a punch from a non-puncher, yes.

Wlad took the shot and stayed calm while wobbled which was key, unlike an Amir Khan or even a younger Wlad who would get in a panic and stopped.
            I can't agree with that. Wach surly can punch (not the greatest but still can punch) and knocking down all 7 fighters prior to Wlad's fight isn't only because all those chins are glassy and bad. Plus he was on PED.

Haye can punch. I think you can't argue with that. And Wlad survived his punch too. Chisora didn't and people were talking of Chisora to have a good chin.

Comment

about 50! haha bit of an exaggeration but you know what i mean. you dont have a good chin if you have been down like he has.

getting up after being knocked down shows you have heart, not chin!
              How he got down?
              I elaborated how I see it. How do you see it?

How many times Pacquiao was knock down and people taking he has a granite chin.

Comment

I know what you're trying to say simrugh, but it's just weak man. Stylistically it's his weakest link. You're not going to convince me that Wladimir has some sort of Iron Chin due to the number of times he's fallen down and selected punches he's taken. It's not strong at all you wonder why he protects it with his height and reach yet Pacquiao risks it far more than Wladimir will ever in his career. Bad analogy.

Comment

i dont disagree with that, but he doesnt have a good chin. an example of a good chin is antonio margarito. not wlad klitschko!

Margarito had a great chin but I don't think Wlads chin is exactly glass.
                  It definitely isn't granite but its not as bad as made out in my opinion.

I feel that his conditioning may of attribute to his lack of punch resistance & his defense didn't help matters early in his career.

Comment

I can't agree with that. Wach surly can punch (not the greatest but still can punch) and knocking down all 7 fighters prior to Wlad's fight isn't only because all those chins are glassy and bad. Plus he was on PED.

Haye can punch. I think you can't argue with that. And Wlad survived his punch too. Chisora didn't and people were talking of Chisora to have a good chin.
                    Haye absolutely can punch. In fact, P4P I think he's the hardest puncher in boxing.

However, both Haye and Wlad fought each other with FAR too much caution and neither landed their best punch. Both landed a couple of good shots, but nowhere near their best. That shot Haye landed on Chisora would have knocked Wlad cold. That's part of what makes Wlad great though, he knows how to use his size and feet to avoid those shots touching his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Haye absolutely can punch. In fact, P4P I think he's the hardest puncher in boxing.

However, both Haye and Wlad fought each other with FAR too much caution and neither landed their best punch. Both landed a couple of good shots, but nowhere near their best. That shot Haye landed on Chisora would have knocked Wlad cold. That's part of what makes Wlad great though, he knows how to use his size and feet to avoid those shots touching his chin.

It may well of but Wladimir would never get hit with a shot like that in a million years. I mean WTF was Chisora even doing? lol

It actually appeared like Chisora was attempting a tennis serve

Comment

Working...
                      X