Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name Fights when a fighter went down 3 times and either got a win or a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Fights when a fighter went down 3 times and either got a win or a draw?

I know many *******s flipped when their pac god dropped JMM 3 times in round 1 and eventually got a draw. Even if you scored it 10-6 for Pac, there was still 11 RDS for JMM to make a comeback, which i thought he won 8 of the last 11 to deserve a one point win. On the top of my head, i can name two fights where a guy was knocked down 3 times and still won. Curry vs Benitez 1, and i think that was only a 10RD fight in which Benitez won by SD. THere was recently W. Klitschko vs Peter where Klitschko was down 3 times and still won. Can you name other fights where a boxer was knocked down 3 times and still got a draw or a win?

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    I know many *******s flipped when their pac god dropped JMM 3 times in round 1 and eventually got a draw. Even if you scored it 10-6 for Pac, there was still 11 RDS for JMM to make a comeback, which i thought he won 8 of the last 11 to deserve a one point win. On the top of my head, i can name two fights where a guy was knocked down 3 times and still won. Curry vs Benitez 1, and i think that was only a 10RD fight in which Benitez won by SD. THere was recently W. Klitschko vs Peter where Klitschko was down 3 times and still won. Can you name other fights where a boxer was knocked down 3 times and still got a draw or a win?
    Peter vs McCline
    Archie Moore vs Yvonne Durelle

Comment

Dec. 26, 1902: Battling Nelson down 9 times before stopping Christy Williams (down 42 times!) in 17 rounds.

Apr. 17, 1909: Joe Jeannette down 7 times before stopping Sam McVey in 49 rounds.

Dec. 10, 1958: Archie Moore down 4 times before stopping Yvon Durelle in 11 rounds.

Nov. 3, 1973: Arnold Taylor down 4 times before stopping Romeo Anaya in 14 rounds.

Comment

THanks for the input, i forgot about the Peter vs Mccline fight. I will try to see some of the fights that were mentioned. I was looking for decision wins by guys who were down 3 times, to prove its not impossible to go down 3 times and still win.

Comment

bernard dunne vs ricardo cordoba.. there was 6 knck downs dunne wn in the 11th by tko cordoba with the 3 ko rule even though dunne got knocked down 2 corodoba gt kncked 4 times fight of 2009 by far

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Hitman View Post
            bernard dunne vs ricardo cordoba.. there was 6 knck downs dunne wn in the 11th by tko cordoba with the 3 ko rule even though dunne got knocked down 2 corodoba gt kncked 4 times fight of 2009 by far
            Sorry to be so rude, but what is with all these British posters on here who can't spell or use grammar for ****. Not saying all the Brits but there's a few who do it and I'm not saying you have to be 100% correct with every single word or bit of punctuation, but it's annoying as hell to read the posts when there's **** spelling, and words all over the place.

Comment

Working...
            X