No announcement yet.

Rate my bag work part 2 w/orig vid as well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my bag work part 2 w/orig vid as well

From original post. "not an even an amateur. no gym exp. just train from what ive watched from fights, online vids, and what ive read up on. any tips and opinions post up. i hate freestanding bags but i got it for free so what i can i complain about besides hating freestanding bags. going to get a teardrop bag or snatcher to hang. oh yeah and that bra in the background is my motivation!!! LOL happy posting."

Part 1

-need to work on jab speed(was mainly using power jabs in that one)
    -realized what Zhaakal was talking about shoveling my punches until after i made the second one. instead of bringing my hand back to guard after punching i would follow the punching line backwards to my guard. got ya, will watch out for it.

Part 2

went with the 16s this time
    tried for increased jab speed but i think i didnt use enough power so ill be working on mixing them up.
    got a little tired and the cam didnt charge for some reason when i was xferring the first vid so i only had 2 mins of vid thank god cuz i got gassed hah. havent been workin on my conditioning consistently but ill get back on all my conditioning.

since i was working more speed i felt a little more sloppy but none the less post away.

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
    From original post. "not an even an amateur. no gym exp. just train from what ive watched from fights, online vids, and what ive read up on. any tips and opinions post up. i hate freestanding bags but i got it for free so what i can i complain about besides hating freestanding bags. going to get a teardrop bag or snatcher to hang. oh yeah and that bra in the background is my motivation!!! LOL happy posting."

Part 1

-need to work on jab speed(was mainly using power jabs in that one)
    -realized what Zhaakal was talking about shoveling my punches until after i made the second one. instead of bringing my hand back to guard after punching i would follow the punching line backwards to my guard. got ya, will watch out for it.

Part 2

went with the 16s this time
    tried for increased jab speed but i think i didnt use enough power so ill be working on mixing them up.
    got a little tired and the cam didnt charge for some reason when i was xferring the first vid so i only had 2 mins of vid thank god cuz i got gassed hah. havent been workin on my conditioning consistently but ill get back on all my conditioning.

since i was working more speed i felt a little more sloppy but none the less post away.
    looks pretty good for someone with no experience. You seem too stiff though, It doesn't really come across like you are throwing anything with bad intentions. The last thing you want is your opponent tasting your punches and walking through them. Especially your jab, throw it hard so your opponent respects it as a legit punch. Looking good though.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      looks pretty good for someone with no experience. You seem too stiff though, It doesn't really come across like you are throwing anything with bad intentions. The last thing you want is your opponent tasting your punches and walking through them. Especially your jab, throw it hard so your opponent respects it as a legit punch. Looking good though.
      yeah i was putting more speed into it so my power kinda went down. also i was using 16oz gloves as apposed to the everlast 14oz which are a lot more stiff. the 16oz twins are uber soft and are very forgiving to whoever is taking the hit because of the soft padding on the gloves. ill be working to mix it up more. also on the down side its a freestanding bag. they dont react well to punches unfortunately like a hanging bag . maybe in a week or 2 ill have my snatcher or teardrop bag or even a regular heavy bag.

Comment

I don't know if it is a technical flaw but i will say this. You are always in a ''crouched'' position, your head is too much forward. In the amateurs you can get penalised for it couse when your comeing in with your head like that you can but someone. Also when you are crouched forward like that, all of the weight is on your left foot, you can't move around quickly like that. The weight needs to be on the back foot. Then you can jump in and out freely. Wladimir Klit. is a good example of having the weight on the back foot so you can manouver freely. When you get into close with your opponent then you could put the weight on your front foot so you can unleash some powerful shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhaakal View Post
          I don't know if it is a technical flaw but i will say this. You are always in a ''crouched'' position, your head is too much forward. In the amateurs you can get penalised for it couse when your comeing in with your head like that you can but someone. Also when you are crouched forward like that, all of the weight is on your left foot, you can't move around quickly like that. The weight needs to be on the back foot. Then you can jump in and out freely. Wladimir Klit. is a good example of having the weight on the back foot so you can manouver freely. When you get into close with your opponent then you could put the weight on your front foot so you can unleash some powerful shots.
          oh yeah i did notice it too that i fight or train more crouched like that because of the keeping my chin tucked. im starting to force myself to train a little taller just keeping my head slightly down but not hunched over. thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
          X