No announcement yet.

Punching Bag Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punching Bag Video

this is me bored as hell messing around on the bag. no real training experience except what ive learned from watching fights and fighters train. feel free to comment.

I'd certainly try and stay away from fighting you.

Comment

dont worry since ive only sparred like 3-4 times with like atleast 3-4 months in between each one lol my eyes arent trained that well so id flinch or squint some. just catch me with a good jab and when you see me squint of flinch then have your way with it LOL. but my defense aint that bad. just need the sparring experience to get it up there. ty for the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
        dont worry since ive only sparred like 3-4 times with like atleast 3-4 months in between each one lol my eyes arent trained that well so id flinch or squint some. just catch me with a good jab and when you see me squint of flinch then have your way with it LOL. but my defense aint that bad. just need the sparring experience to get it up there. ty for the comment.
        No offense, but I think he was being a bit sarcastic. It's hard to really take your video serious when you do it in jeans.

That being said, there have been videos on here of people that were a lot worse than you. Just get some serious training in under the guidance of a real trainer and see where it takes you.

Good luck.

Comment

If you've never had actual training, then get some. You've got really good somatic focus (which means being aware of where your body is) and some of your movement is excellent, very natural. You've got some "natural skills," as they say.

Get into a gym. You punch good; now go learn how to box.

Not trying to be a dick, either. Boxing is a lot more than punching. Punching is as important to boxing as running is to soccer. You could be very good at this sport if you've got everything else it takes -- balls, commitment, discipline, coolness under fire, split-second strategy, physical and emotional toughness, good sportsmanship, and a healthy dose of insanity. Go find out if this is your game.

Comment

thats why its called messin around lol. i know i was in jeans hah because i didnt plan to actually go rounds. i know a lot of stuff comes into play when your in the heat of the battle and i would like to have a go at it sometime. i would really like to test what i can do with it with a legit trainer and gym.

Comment

I wasn't being sarcastic.

And don't listen to most of these people. Who cares if you do it in jeans? You're on a punching bag. Not in a real boxing match.

Try going to a gym, though. You'll craft more skill.

Comment

thanks bro. i know not to listen to the ones that have nothing better to say. for sure man when i get into a better financial situation imma try hittin up on of the gyms around here. only problem is the 2 decent boxing gyms in the bay area are downtown and start around 5pm ish and traffic starts and ends from 2pm-8pm so thats a biatch.

Comment

That's very good for someone who didn't have a real boxing training. Your double left hook to the body and the head is very good. I bet you learnt that watching the great Cotto.
                  Keep it up and work on your left jab, power punches are good but there's nothing sweeter than a good left jab.

Good luck and try to get a gym.

Comment

actually i got it from the DLH 45 lol. i dont know why but i love the liver shot. and it was a combination of that and cotto. i watched how they threw it and i figured out the mechanics to utilize the upward motion of the the legs like in a squat, the slipped over torso twisting motion of an uppercut and a hook combined and it feels like one of the most devastating punches especially to land ergonomically to the lower ribs/liver instead of completely sideways like a regular hook. also i got the combo from tyson initially but the liver shot isnt the same punch as his. thats my favorite punch to throw heh. thanks for the comments all.

Comment

Working...
                    X