No announcement yet.

Noons, Silva, Lawler, & Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noons, Silva, Lawler, & Shields

I don't think any of these men have fought since Elite XC folded (correct me if I am wrong).

Does anyone know their status? Are they free agents? Did their contracts get picked up by Affliction or Strikeforce, who seemed to have promotional connections with Elite XC?

How would these four fair in the UFC? Any longterm success for them there in the future?

Lawler has improved in leaps and bounds since his first run in the UFC. He's far more effective as a MW than a WW and I think he'd do well.

Shields wants to be in the UFC. In all honesty I still feel the jury is still out on him and that the UFC WW division is a huge step up for him. Once he gets there then we'll really see what he's made of.

As for Noons and Silva. I could care less whether their signed by the UFC or not.

Comment

They all got picked up by Strikeforce, Silva is suspended tho and fought in japan anyway so hes in for some trouble. Shields is fighting Joe Riggs on April 11, Noons wants to focus on his boxing career

Comment

Shields is supposed to fight Joe Riggs on April 11th

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=979

Comment

Joe Riggs is terrible. His best days are behind him and he loses to almost all name fighters, Shields is gonna probably walk through him

Comment

i'd like to see lawler back in the UFC, he could fight chris leben at 185. it'd be a war

Comment

He'd destroy Leben.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
                He'd destroy Leben.
                +1

Lawler's striking has improved leaps and bounds from his days in the UFC. He would walk through Chris Leben and many other 185 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
                  Joe Riggs is terrible. His best days are behind him and he loses to almost all name fighters, Shields is gonna probably walk through him
                  Ive never thought Joe Riggs was a top level fighter to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by number6 View Post
                    Ive never thought Joe Riggs was a top level fighter to be honest
                    That's because he never was and never will be.

Comment

Working...
                    X