No announcement yet.

Franklin vs Lee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
    It's sad to see Franklin go down like that. Damn man..
    Agreed. Him and Chuck were my guys back in the day. Damn.

Comment

Anybody can get clipped the right way. Like Cung Le said it was a lucky punch. Almost a right place right time deal

Comment

Cung Le is pretty amazing. He's 40 years old...all his contemporaries are retired and he's still doing back flips. People think Wanderlei Silva is old and he's 36...I'd bet he'd beat Wanderlei Silva in a rematch today. I would have liked to see the Cung Le of 12 or so years ago against Anderson Silva today.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post

fight starts at about 2:30

4.57 is funny as fawk! That guy **** it!

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post

fight starts at about 2:30
            Why the **** couldn't Wanderlei do that??

Comment

wtf jeff hardy caught me off guard ^^^ .....anyways now everyone will say its time for franklin to retire after that brutal ko...perfectly timed punch...awesomeness!!!

Comment

@Jaded isn't Anderson almost 38 or 37? I know there isn't a HUGE age difference between him and Le so it was just funny to me when you said Le of 12 years ago and Silva now. I do agree though even the Le that stood and banged with Frank Shamrock in a good ass fight would do better for himself in the UFC today. I still don't see him ever having given Anderson Silva a serious challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewasideMMA View Post
                  @Jaded isn't Anderson almost 38 or 37? I know there isn't a HUGE age difference between him and Le so it was just funny to me when you said Le of 12 years ago and Silva now. I do agree though even the Le that stood and banged with Frank Shamrock in a good ass fight would do better for himself in the UFC today. I still don't see him ever having given Anderson Silva a serious challenge.
                  It's not just the age difference...Le hasn't seemed to be as committed to MMA competition pretty much after the Shamrock fight (only 3 fights in the last 3 yrs prior to Franklin). He has a pretty good film career taking off (acting and stunt co-coordinator) while Silva has been more or less at his prime during that time. Also there is a big difference between 37 and 40 especially under those circumstances. But I based that comment simply based on his old fights where he really was much more amazing...he was like an action movie character in his fights. Check them out...they are really entertaining.

I just think it would have been a good fight...regardless of the outcome.
                  Last edited by jaded; 11-15-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X