Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who had more power? marciano or johnson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who had more power? marciano or johnson?

who had more punching power, rocky marciano or jack johnson?

Marciano. Johnson was better defensively but he could not hit as hard as Marciano could.

Comment

Originally posted by Chum12788
      Marciano. Johnson was better defensively but he could not hit as hard as Marciano could.
      i don't know. the way johnson rocked stanley ketchel was vicious.

Comment

Maricano had alot more power but as for hand speed i've never really seen to many of johnsons fights but i could see johnson being faster, and defensively probably but you do have to realize that marciano's defense was very underated, not saying he had better defense though
        ________
        Side effects from wellbutrin
        Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          i don't know. the way johnson rocked stanley ketchel was vicious.
          yeah but stanley Ketchel was 170 pounds compared to johnsons 225. But it was good none the less. He actually knocked out two of ketchel teeth that his manager later made into dice.

But imo there is no question the Marciano hit much harder then johnson. 90 percent of johnsons shot where never intended to do any real damage. He rarely sat down on any of his punches. Marciano on the other hand would often through caution to the wind and throw hay makers, many of which ended someone else's night early. So i feel marciano hit much harder

Comment

Rocky Marciano definitely hit harder than did Johnson.

Comment

marciano not only was he naturally more pwerful but the way he threw power shots by planting his feet and puting his whole body into the punch,he was definelty the harder hitter

Comment

i'm not talking about who threw more power shots, but who had more potential power in their punches.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                  i'm not talking about who threw more power shots, but who had more potential power in their punches.
                  still marciano

Comment

Are you joking, Jack had loads more power than Marciano…

Comment

Working...
                    X