No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Briedis Knocks Glowacki Out in Wild Fight, For WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Breidis looked very, very good in there actually... all the drama surrounding the refereeing and the elbow smash has kinda overshadowed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Breidis looked very, very good in there actually... all the drama surrounding the refereeing and the elbow smash has kinda overshadowed that.
      Yeah and some want this changed to a NC or DQ?? They could fight 10 times and Glowacki would get KO'd ten times. There is nothing in the fight that warrants seeing him get beat up again.

Comment

• Time for Byrd to retire. That was one of the worst rounds I've ever seen officiated.

Comment

• Dorticos will put Briedis to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Yeah and some want this changed to a NC or DQ?? They could fight 10 times and Glowacki would get KO'd ten times. There is nothing in the fight that warrants seeing him get beat up again.
            I'd thought he was kinda done maybe after his last few performances and rumours of issues around attitude and training, but I could easily see him being the top CW post Usyk... really looking forward to the final, now cos Doticos is absolutely as dangerous himself (if maybe a little slower) and showed that he can carry a finish into the late rounds last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Dorticos will put Briedis to sleep.
              I wouldn't count on it... I think in terms of raw power Dorticos is the bigger puncher but I think Breidis has better ring craft and is faster. I think if Breidis does get hurt or feels threatened he'll kinda tie up and maybe get a lil dirty... biggest danger will be late rounds for Breidis I think, if he starts to slow down... but then we saw Dorticos slow and get caught by Gassiev too, so that applies to both of 'em.

I actually see a Breidis UD as the most likely outcome... 'less the fight goes to Florida...

Comment

• People didn't realize Briedis' trainer get into the ring before the 2nd round finished, and that's enough to be DQ'd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_WK_DtMKpM

You can see it between 3:40 - 3:46 of the video.

This should be a NC and they should make a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  The fact that Breidis is the better fighter doesn't mean this shouldn't be ruled a NC. Glowacki has the right to a fair chance to win the fight, no matter how unlikely it is. He took an illegal elbow, then wasn't given recovery time, then was knocked down hard long after the round should've ended. It's a NC.

Comment

• Shameful and disgraceful!

Comment

• Wow! Great win for Briedis and congratulations on winning the title!

Comment

Working...
                      X