No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
    A present day european french hybrid version of shawshank redemption & the goodfellas.
    Don't forget Scarface. Check out Mesrine (part 1 & 2), The Beat That My Heart Skipped, La Haine, 13 Tzameti, The Man on the Train and 36 - you'll probably enjoy them if you did A Prophet.

Comment

• "Powder"

A movie about an Albino boy/man that was born under harsh circumstance when his mother was pregnant and struck by lightning she died he didnt. Due to this he has developed extremely fast and his brain development is far beyond anyones in the history of mankind. He is misunderstood and people fear him because he is different. This movie is very good and heart felt I have seen it many times before and still enjoy watching it over and over as I did again last night.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• "Surrogates"

A movie that takes place in Boston and is about the human species now that instead of living lives as humans they have robot surrogates. Bruce Willis heads this action packed movie as a cop trying to find the surrogate inventors son's killer who was killed by mistake when a hit was supposed to be on the inventor himself.

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

• "Best of the Best"

this is an 80's martial arts movie that stars Eric Roberts and the american national karate team in battle against the reigning champs the Koreans. This isnt one of the typical just fighting movie it gets involved a bit with the character backgrounds and goes from there. It has good action scenes not too overly done and has a good story.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• "Best of the Best 2"

Watched this again the other day after watching part one, and it stars Eric Roberts and a few others from the first. This movie is action packed with martial arts and takes place in the underground illegal world of fighting. Their former USA karate teammate from part one is fighting in the underground cage and gets killed and they try to get involved to avenge his death. Good story good action and good cast.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• "Red Baron"

Movie based on the fighter pilot known as the Red Baron and his time during world war 1. Overall it was an ok movie, nothing spectacular but an ok watch. It was loosely based off his life meaning there wasnt a whole lot of what made him into the great pilot he was, how he got started into it just a bunch of talk leading to a 5 minute air battle to more talking. Not too much action for a movie based on a guy who has a confirmed 80 kills in the skies in over 3 years. Was made into a love story (although Lena Heady was fine as always) when it shouldnt have been.

Rocco Rating 6 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                just rewatched I love you, man.........****'s funny......9/10 as far as comedy/light hearted film goes
                Role Models >>> I love you Man.

I'd give Role Models 4 out of 5 stars.

I watched the Bruce Willis movie Tears of the Sun where he leads a team of Seals into war torn Nigeria to extract Monica Belluci.

Only one problem, she doesn't wanna leave all her patients behind.

Oh noes!!!

All kind of hell starts up and you get a pretty good little spec op's/war movie.

Solid 3 out of 5 stars.

Comment

• Can anyone recommend any movies with hardcore rape scenes?

Comment

• Don't know if these have been mentioned but i watched a couple of films the other day.

The Skeleton Key - About a women who works as a carer for a man that has had a 'stroke', turns out he hasn't though, **** to do with voodoo magic by his sinister wife. Mint ending, pretty food film surprisingly, 8/10.

Stigmata - About some young bird that gets the stigmata, and some suave Italian priest helping her and so on and so forth. Not bad 7/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                      Can anyone recommend any movies with hardcore rape scenes?
                      american history x :wank:

Comment

Working...
                      X