Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather is chinny (not a hater thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etlux View Post
    could be but then so was Ali. Ali was rocked so many times in his career that I lost count. He was wobbly all over the ring but some guys' hearts are just much greater than their weak chin and it compensates for it
    That was HW boxing, It's different. Everyone at HW can be hurt with a single punch under the right circumstances.

Mayweather I believe has a decent chin, it's not granite he wouldn't be able to take Mosley right hands the way Margarito did, his chin is good enough that as long as he doesn't take a monster punch (the right hand Moslet landed was big but MAyweather balance and positioning was so good it took the sting out of it a little bit) he won't get KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
      For example Amir Khan is chinny he got KTFO out cold.

Wlad Klistchko might be chinny he constantly gets knocked down but has huge heart.

Has Mayweather EVER been knocked down?

Case closed and /thread
      Techinically, he was knocked down against Hernandez because he touched the canvas (because he broke his hand)

Judah did knock him down though, it wasn't ruled a KD though.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
        I think Shane hits harder than Pacquiao...Pacquiao at 147 is beating guys with accumulation...Shane can put you to sleep with one shot...
        Shane isn't a one punch KO artist, but he hits harder than manny with single shots, but Pacquiao can stun an opponent easier since you can not see hisshots.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Shane isn't a one punch KO artist, but he hits harder than manny with single shots, but Pacquiao can stun an opponent easier since you can not see hisshots.
          Fair enough...

I bet Floyd would see all of em

Comment

I guess Tony is also chinny now?

Comment

i agree shane never hurt cotto like he did floyd. floyd was holding on for dear life. but floyd then outclassed and dominated him.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                just the mans defense is so good. Mosley never landed with anything solid after the 2nd round.

All the Mayweathers are known to be chinny, He probably inherited it.

Margarito, Pacquiao or even Cotto would/did not have lost their legs from that shot. Floyd was wobbling around the ring.

He adjusted and made a fool of Shane though, Shane should have adjusted too.
                Dude, Mosley is the hardest punching WW right now. Margo and Cotto were stunned just as badly as Mayweather was. The second right hand that Mosley threw against Margo made him eat the canvas (well it was a combo) but he didn't follow up on Cotto for some strange reason after stunning him (he literally stood there and let him recover. Cotto didn't even clinch).

The fact that Floyd took another right hand after being stunned and didn't fold shows that his chin is good. It only took him like 10 seconds to recover, and he even landed two good rights of his own and a left before the end of the round.
                Last edited by BoxerDood; 05-02-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I don't think there's any base for saying Floyd's chin is suspect. He took a fullblown straight right hand from a good right han puncher bang on the chin, without flinching. A followup right hook to the temple made his knees buckle. I think Floyd took those shots very well and he even had the surplus to hold Shanes arm untill the cobwebs cleared.

I don't think Floyd is chinny at all.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Margarito, Pacquiao or even Cotto would/did not have lost their legs from that shot

pure speculation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                      I think Shane hits harder than Pacquiao...Pacquiao at 147 is beating guys with accumulation...Shane can put you to sleep with one shot...
                      that punch to the heart(pic in your sig) is vicious

Comment

Working...
                      X