No announcement yet.

Whats the deal with boxing in college

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with boxing in college

Im going to college next year and whether or not there is boxing in any of the colleges will affect my decision alot, so do any colleges have boxing teams or something?

I know for a fact theres several across the us that have boxing programs. I believe University of michigan does and so does michigan state

Comment

i live on the east coast do you know if there are any there?

Comment

Ad ask around and find out. dont forget that theres some colleges that have boxing teams or club but dont really put alot of effort into letting it be known. for example I didnt even know michigan had a boxing team on campus untill I was on campus one day and seen afew of them.

Comment

depends on your university. for instance my university offers almost every well known martial art except boxing, which was pretty dumb in my opinion. so don't come down to Florida and go to FAU. so yeah i would get in contact with their sports recreation department to find out.

Comment

your best bet is to find a decent gym close to the university. that's what influenced my decision to go to ua.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ng_Association

most schools on the east coast don't have intercollegiate boxing. pick a school based on its academic programs. if you go to school in any somewhat urban area there will be a boxing gym at most a bus/subway ride away, if not walking distance.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ng_Association

most schools on the east coast don't have intercollegiate boxing. pick a school based on its academic programs. if you go to school in any somewhat urban area there will be a boxing gym at most a bus/subway ride away, if not walking distance.
                wow that's a very small list, lol.

not overly surprised at some of the schools (Coast Guard, Air Force and Navy)

but still pretty small.

good to know though

Comment

University of Maryland has a boxing team. I have a buddy that is on the team.

Comment

A lot of schools unfortunately dont have boxing teams up north. But almost all bigger schools have boxing clubs. Which usually meet at a selected local gym where you can and spar and train together....similar to a boxing team.

Comment

Working...
                    X