No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Psychologically, KO Will Haunt Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Psychologically, KO Will Haunt Pacquiao

Can Manny Pacquiao recover from the vicious sixth round knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez? Reflecting on similar knockout defeats in the history of the sport, former fighter and Golden Boy Promotions President, Oscar De La Hoya, says the road to fully recover from such a knockout will be very tough. He gives Pacquiao a chance to make it back, but the says the mental damage will affect him more than anything else.

[Click Here To Read More]

Thats exactly what i think too. This KO will change things and he will never be the same.

Comment

I think only pacfans and people still hoping for a mayweather-pac fight are the only ones keeping hope he isnt traumatized from thay punch

Comment

Agree, but

I do agree with the golden girl. We are going to have to see in his next fight, that's the reality. He may change, but he can also change in a positive way, Pacquiao does not need to be jumping in that way. I think he has talent on the outside, I think his best punches usually come from the outside for him.

I'm not a ******** nor am I a fllomo. I always assumed Mayweather would win that fight, but I didn't and don't, think that it will be a breeze for him. I think, and always thought he would give floyd some punishment.

Hopefully Pac comes back, he's given us a tremendous carer.

Comment

Not every fighter has a mental meltdown due to a KO loss. Oscar is projecting his feelings after his beating on to Pacquiao. The fact is, they are not the same fighter.

Comment

Psychologically, fishnets will haunt De La Hoya

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Psychologically, fishnets will haunt De La Hoya
              lmao.......no way to recover from that type of embarrassment.

Comment

I truly believe ppl are reading wayyyyy too much into that K.O. let the man fight again before we start jumping to conclusions. It's not his first loss, it's not his first K.O. defeat..I think the way he was smiling after he woke up is very telling of how seriously concerned he was..which wasn't of much concern to him. I think his family tho by going publicly with their cries for retirement do him a bigger disservice than the punch and the speculations. Let him fight Bradley get his straps and get his confidence back up..he'll be fine.

Comment

I doubt this KO will affect Manny the way Oscar thinks, he was KO'd and dropped many times in his early career, that is usually when it affects a fighter mentally and changes their style to be more cautious.

Pacquiao didn't change after those knockdowns and KO's and still continued to fight wild and aggressive.

The Post fight interview should give you an indicator of it, he was smiling and accepted the defeat. He wasn't like Ricky Hatton, all weak and depressed and self pity. Pacman even told Ariza why is everyone so sad? this is boxing stuff happens, people get caught and lose. Ariza was even shocked that Pacman wasn't even bothered by the KO, he said the only reason Pac feels bad is that people feel bad.

He said something to the tune of if you are scared to lose than don't fight.
                  Pacquiao is not your typical fighter, he will be the same in his next fight he might even be more aggressive because he wanted to get back in the ring on April but he was suspended medically for 120 days, his chin might not be the same though.

Comment

:manyWORD: blah blah blah Oscar. If hes gonna be looking out for that punch...Well thats a good damn thing!!!!! He needs to! So he dont get tagged with it again...duh! Boy what would we do without Oscar!

Only weak minded fighters crumble at defeat by KO. What people fail understand is...When a fighter shows signs of declining and back to back beat downs or losing streaks...then gets KOd badly...It maybe time to hang'em up! Manny had Lost to Bradley and even though it was a Robbery he knows...he won. It didnt bother him in next fight with JMM. He came out strong. He lost by KO to JMM while he looked better that night than last three fights..including Bradley fight. He knows he walked into a punch and got to anxious. His mentality is..."If you arnt prepared to lose you dont need to be in this sport"! -Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                    X