No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza Puzzled With Judge Who Scored For Erislandy Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ariza Puzzled With Judge Who Scored For Erislandy Lara

Last night, inside of the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada, junior middleweight contenders Vanes Martirosyan and Erislandy Lara fought to a technical-draw verdict that left much to be desired.

After a little more than nine rounds of action, an accidental head butt resulted in a nasty gash above Martirosyan’s left eye that saw the fight go to the scorecards. Judge Richard Ocasio favored Lara 87-84, while Jerry Roth saw the bout in Martirosyan’s favor 86-85, with Dave Moretti’s 86-86 tally leaving no room for a winner.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There is some people that think boxing is a bloodshed battle.
    Lara is an smart fighter and was winning that fight easy.

Comment

I was puzzled with Lederman's card, like always.

And how can some one have beaten you when you got outlanded in every single round?

Comment

lol i saw Lara winning easy

Comment

What? Lara was clearly winning that fight, I had it 6-2 for Lara so far.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

And how can some one have beaten you when you got outlanded in every single round?
            classic lederman. Always favors aggression even if it isn't effective aggression. whoever throws more punches, despite if they are landing or not, almost always lederman will have winning.

Comment

I had it 88 to 84 for Lara.

Comment

Sometimes I get the impression that Lederman is just there as some kind of circus scorer. I don't know, just to throw fans off. Like i'm a casual fan: "I just saw a guy seemingly win a round, but here's some one who knows more about scoring that i've ever learned; so let me just follow his scorecard". I don't know, not getting in to conspiracy theories here, but maybe it's HBO Sports way of picking the guy who they want to push; and what better one to pick than the undefeated one. I don't really believe that, but if some one thinks too much about it, HBO Sports analysts can really look corrupted.

Don't even get me started with the judges. A clear winner in the fight, HBO commentators/fight judges some how turned the fight in to a "close" fight. You rarely see this on Showtime. Maybe judges yeah, but never will you hear biased commentating or the commentators calling the wrong fight; saying things that are not actually happening.

Comment

if you're over 70 years of age you shouldnt be judging fights.

if you look at all the horrid scorecards throughout history, you will find 70 and 80 year olds with bifocals and apple sauce stains.

there should be an age limit when it comes to judging fights.

Do this and you clean up scoring a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Lederman still had lara winning at the end despite the point deduction. Vanes could have easily won the rounds 1-4 as lara didn't do **** but look cute defensively and throw jabs.

Comment

Working...
                    X