No announcement yet.

is this good or bad....last post i swear lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this good or bad....last post i swear lol

here is my weights routine so far....is it good or bad?

DAY 1: chest

bench press 5X6
    excercise bar things that are kind of like flys.
    i will add incline bench to this when i figure out what i am going to use for a pin.

DAY 2: biceps & forearms

barbell curls 3X8
    alternating dumbell curls 3X8
    hammer curls 3X8
    reverse crls 3X8
    forearm curls 3X8

DAY 3: legs

squats 3X8
    stiff leg dead lifts 3X8
    i don't know what these are called but i take 2 dumbells and start in a deep squat postion and jump up and resist the fall....3X8
    calve raises 3X8

DAY 4: shoulders

behind the neck press 3X8
    shoulder press (in front of neck) 3X8
    barbell rows 3X8
    then i bend over and do flys with dumbells to work my rear delts.

DAY 5: triceps

close grip bench press 3X8
    kickbacks 3X8

DAY 6:back and traps

dead lifts 5X8
    bent over rows 3X8
    behind neck shrugs 3X8
    normal shrugs (close grip) 3X8

i usually do abs every 2 or 3 days.

i only have a bench, a bar, and dumbells...i would like to be able to do pull-ups.

anyway, is this a good routine for building size and strength?

that looks good..I wouldnt do presses behing the neck..Military presses and the rear delt movement and shrugs are great for the shoulders but presses behind the neck you need to be carefull..if you use to much weight you can injure your shoulder..kickbacks are good for shape and cuts but if you want strengh and mass I would do french curls (tricep presses behind the neck either with dumbells or e-z curl bar)..good luck

Comment

really? that sucks about the behind the neck presses....that is one of my favorite exercises. after i do those my shoulders pump right up. what about this for shoulders.....

press in front of neck 3X8
      dumbell flys (the side raise ones) 3X8
      barebell rows 3X8
      rear delt fly things (don't know what to call them lol) 3X8

i do my shrugs on my back day

Comment

That looks good..you should also try dumbell raises to the front instead of to the sides..that makes my shoulders burn like crazy..

Comment

For shoulders try....

sitting in a chair with dumbbell in each hand...i usually use a 30lb..

Raise it ten times forward with your left hand, then switch and do right.

Then switch right over to ten times to the side with left, then switch to right.

Followed by doubling over and pulling the dumbbells straight out for 10 times at the same time.

Comment

looks alright to me,
            if this was about boxing training session,i would prolly laugh and then cry

Comment

no, actually i take aikedo, ju-jitsu and grappling. if i were a boxer i would certainly be on a different routine.

Comment

Working...
              X