Why does this guy have a license??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this guy have a license??

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=014843

This boxer was defeated on points by Amir Khans next opponent, Steffy Bull...

Originally posted by me2007 View Post
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=014843

This boxer was defeated on points by Amir Khans next opponent, Steffy Bull...
    there are plenty of boxers out there like this guy. they are there to provide experience to up-and-coming fighters. i mean look at the guys this boxer has been matched up against...nicky cook, bradley pryce, michael gomez, lee meager, esham pickering, andy morris, scott lawton, billy corcoran, jonathan thaxton, carl johanesson....i.e. upper echelon domestic fighters.

guys like this are vital to the development of young boxers. so yes, he should have a licence.

Comment

good point...

I was more concerned with a fighter if he keeps losing, how much is it damaging his health, especially fighting that often...but i suppose they are a good learning tool for up and coming fighters.

Comment

good point...

I was more concerned with a fighter if he keeps losing, how much is it damaging his health, especially fighting that often...but i suppose they are a good learning tool for up and coming fighters.
        Peter Buckley has like 4 times the losses of this man. The amount of losses would be a worry to me, thev've gotta be eating so much leather, but most of the fights are only 4/6 rounders. They do play a huge part in the progression of a boxer, more for confidence than anything else. Also, all these journeymen will be wiley pros who know all the tricks of the trade. IMO they should have their licences but they should be even more throughly monitered healthwise.

Comment

i just looked at buckleys record....i respect him for what he does, but personally i`d feel a bit daft when the mc read out my record

"with 31 wins and only 238 losses....."

if it keeps him going though, good luck to him..

i just noticed his trainer is called Nobby Nobbs! at least he's got a sense of humor about it all.

Comment

i just looked at buckleys record....i respect him for what he does, but personally i`d feel a bit daft when the mc read out my record

i just noticed his trainer is called Nobby Nobbs! at least he's got a sense of humor about it all.
            His parents are harsh..

Comment

when after 78 figths you are still figthing 6 rounders that might tell you something

Comment

thats why they dont say the record if your record is that ****ed up.

cuz saying that record would be telling all the real fight fans in the audience that they're paying to see a tomato can get hurt, or gracefully lose without taking many shots ala strickland..., not a fight.

Comment

buckleys hasn’t won for over 50 fights imagine how happy he is gonna be if he can win another fight.
                  Last edited by duffgun; 03-15-2007, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
                    buckleys hasn’t won for over 50 fights imagine how happy he is gonna be if he can win another fight.
                    surely a win would call for some sort of celebration, i think a national day of holiday should be granted.

Comment

Working...
                    X