Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs. Ricky Hatton at 140 pounds. Who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    I don't know what I'm talking about? Like a poster said, you're stating all those 147 pounders up there. This is a 140 fight where Cotto was still ok and not all that like he was in his prime. He was getting rocked by light punchers and if Ricardo Torres put it on him for a while I could just imagine the ass whooping Hatton may of put on him.

Ring belt is better than the vacant belts Cotto collected early in his career is it not? I bet you're one of the Cotto fans that came after the Quintana fight.
    LOL. The bold is funny. We are from the same area in Caguas. We went to the same middle school. He was making noises when he was an amateur. He is the pride of my town so no, the bold is non-sense.

Like I said before, you are trying to imply Cotto is not any better than Hatton. That is a lie. Based on a belt? The guy fought tougher competition. Are you really arguing that? Torres is a soft hitter? LOL. You know Bailey right? He is consider one of the hardest punchers in boxing. That healthy Cotto beats Hatton IMO and takes that title away. Unfortunately for Cotto, Hatto was making big money over there and there was no need to match up against the best in the division.

BTW, I'm no saying Cotto is a Great fighter. But he is better than you want to admit.

Comment

My first instinct was to say Cotto beats Hatton but on second thought Cotto was sometimes a bit shaky at 140 due to not being able to make the weight. I can remember him being wobbled quite a few times. Hatton was a beast for a period at 140. This would've been a close fight and a late KO by any of them. I'd say 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        i wouldnt be surprised if cotto would have beat hatton, but i wouldnt be surprised if hatton beat cotto either.

i agree tszyu was past his best, however he was still p4p number 3 at the time and alot better fighter than torres.

on hattons power, he wasnt a hard hitter but he wasnt feater fisted, more of an accumulative puncher.
        Actually I think Cotto is an accumulative puncher as well. I'm not saying that the fight was going to be easy. Ricky was not a come to get pay guy. He came to fight. But Cotto skill set give him the edge. I believe the healthier Cotto @ 140 was during 2004 (Ndou, Pinto, Bailey). After that bit of success he struggle making weight because of his drinking habits. He likes to drink and party hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          Actually I think Cotto is an accumulative puncher as well. I'm not saying that the fight was going to be easy. Ricky was not a come to get pay guy. He came to fight. But Cotto skill set give him the edge. I believe the healthier Cotto @ 140 was during 2004 (Ndou, Pinto, Bailey). After that bit of success he struggle making weight because of his drinking habits. He likes to drink and party hard.
          theres no doubt that cotto has the better skill set. i think hatton was stronger at the weight. its just a shame this fight didnt happen really. would have been a fcukin good fight.

Comment

Mr. Fantastic, how do you think Hatton would have done against Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              1/31/06 at 9:55 p.m.

"Hi folks this is my first post on this site, but I have lurked here for a minute, and have been impressed with the amount of knowledge that you guy's have on the fight game. Having only seen one of Hatton's fight's (maussa) I was pretty impressed. ****, the only reason why I ordered the fight was because of his suprising win (because of my ignorance)over KT. I've watched several of Cotto's fights, and he has been shaky at times, but i was impressed with his performance over abduleav(sp). Hatton, being prone to cuts, could be in trouble if Cotto stays outside and picks away, but I doubt Hatton is going to give him a chance to breath. Both are good body punchers, slight edge to Cotto because of what I have seen with my own two eye's. Hopefully this fight happens soon. My pick... Cotto TKO in the 10th."
              ahhh how things change.. eh, pee?

Comment

Hatton would have beat Cotto at 140, Cotto got wobbled by Malignaggi at that weight.

Comment

Keeping in mind Cotto at 140 wasn't 100%, I pick Hatton... By decision, I'm not crazy, he's not stopping Cotto... I just see him outworking a worn out Cotto for most of the fight

Cotto winning would not surprise

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                    LOL. The bold is funny. We are from the same area in Caguas. We went to the same middle school. He was making noises when he was an amateur. He is the pride of my town so no, the bold is non-sense.

Like I said before, you are trying to imply Cotto is not any better than Hatton. That is a lie. Based on a belt? The guy fought tougher competition. Are you really arguing that? Torres is a soft hitter? LOL. You know Bailey right? He is consider one of the hardest punchers in boxing. That healthy Cotto beats Hatton IMO and takes that title away. Unfortunately for Cotto, Hatto was making big money over there and there was no need to match up against the best in the division.

BTW, I'm no saying Cotto is a Great fighter. But he is better than you want to admit.
                    Not only on the belt but different situations....you're basing it like Cotto has fought till now compared to Hatton. A 140 Cotto had much more flaws than what he is now. There is a reason why Cotto didn't fight Hatton. Bailey sucks though and I never said Torres was a soft hitter, you're making that up yourself. Hatton was just on another level than someone like Torres and you can ask any credible poster that's not a Cotto fanatic and I'm sure they'd tell you the same.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                      Mr. Fantastic, how do you think Hatton would have done against Margarito?
                      Margarito fought at 147 at the time when Cotto was 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X