No announcement yet.

If you could take any athlete from any other sport and bring them into boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
    what do you think barry sanders skill does in boxing, i think of him possibly faster than the great roy jones, how bout you
    I think he would be a beast. Fast hands, great reflexes, and great eyes. Not even mentioning all his other intangibles.

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
      Watching the NBA playoffs and seeing how explosive / powerful a lot of these players are has gotten me to realize that boxing as an option is very low for a lot of great athletes growing up. Looking at the state of the heavyweight division makes me think what would of happened if a young Lebron chose to be a fighter instead of basketball player?.....I do understand that boxing has some intangibles that other non combat sports do not, such as chin durability.
      If you could go back knowing what you know of these athletes careers and take an athlete from any sport and get them at a young age into boxing.....who would you take?

I would have to go with a Lebron James
      Look at what happened on Sarurday with Pacquiao vs Bradley, why would any high level athlete want to become a boxer? As much as I love boxing it's a joke.

Comment

Cristiano Ronaldo
        Lionel Messi
        Wayne Rooney
        Joey Barton

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          Look at what happened on Sarurday with Pacquiao vs Bradley, why would any high level athlete want to become a boxer? As much as I love boxing it's a joke.
          The powers that be always messing up when it comes to boxing. Its a sad thing. I think that as well as the popularity of other sports over boxing is a big reason for kids coming up choosing other sports besides boxing.....and let's be honest, nobody likes getting punched in the head repeatedly by people who know how to punch. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
            Lebron James is a superior athlete. If you gave him 1 year to train he would dominate until he got hit flush. Then he would quit.
            Cool thread. No dam basketball player gonna be a good boxer. I'd go with Charles Barkley cause he was more boxer than basketball player anyway but he in an elite club. lol.

I knew a professional pool player once that would have made a great boxer, prolly the best cruiser weight that ever lived. His pool playing name was Brick Knock It In Wilson. (Brick Wilson was his legal name). That guy would have given Evander at cruiser a real run for his money. OMG

Comment

Sonny Bill Williams is the only current athlete who plays both professional rugby at a very high level, and also professionally boxes (at a low level) as far as I know

Comment

might sound funny but id have to say Micheal Phelps! you know his stamina has got to be impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by iceman1 View Post
                  Cristiano Ronaldo
                  Lionel Messi
                  Wayne Rooney
                  Joey Barton
                  sergio martines played soccer at a low level and now is one of boxings elite

Comment

I always thought tennis players would make good boxers (boxing intagibles provided)... they have good footwork, hand eye coordination, timing, power and more importantly power endurance. Also the one on one mentality, reading opponents body movements, reading tactics and the having the pressure of being out there by yourself etc

Also imagine a rafael nadal left hook/uppercut or a roger federer right hand. Brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-the-****-1 View Post
                      I always thought tennis players would make good boxers (boxing intagibles provided)... they have good footwork, hand eye coordination, timing, power and more importantly power endurance. Also the one on one mentality, reading opponents body movements, reading tactics and the having the pressure of being out there by yourself etc

Also imagine a rafael nadal left hook/uppercut or a roger federer right hand. Brutal.

Serena Williams looks like a boxer

Comment

Working...
                      X