• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao: "I'm Fighting Mayweather in May 2012"

Pacman vs Floyd Jr. in May?
    By NICK GIONGCO
    August 4, 2011, 11:34pm

MANILA, Philippines — Unless Victor Ortiz and Juan Manuel Marquez don’t follow the script that will be laid out in September and November, the mouth-watering match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. will happen in May 2012.

Pacquiao graced the birthday of TV boxing analyst Moy Lainez on Wednesday night and told Lainez that all signs point to a super fight between him and Mayweather next year.

“He told me that the Mayweather fight will take place in May next year,” Lainez said.

Lainez, thrilled with the news, told Pacquiao that even if he is not feeling well that he will fly to the US just to watch the action at ringside.

“I told Manny na kahit ako’y may sakit sa time na iyon ay pupunta ako sa laban,” said Lainez, who used to be a key member of the original Team Pacquiao, a band of boxing brothers whose association with the fight game stretches back to the 1960s.

Pacquiao’s words seem to hold water because, apparently, the major issues of drug-testing and revenue split, have been ironed out.

Speaking to Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum, fight scribe Michael Marley said the Top Rank chief said the touchy issue of Olympic-style testing and the purse split have been agreed upon by the two sides.

According to Arum, everything would be equally shared by Pacquiao and Mayweather.

If ever this fight materializes, just about every record in boxing would be shattered.

Ringsiders believe the 2.4 million pay-per-view buys will easily be broken by a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/329556...s-floyd-jr-may
    Last edited by ThePrince; 08-04-2011, 11:15 PM.

impossible....unless Team Pac negotiate behind Arum's back

Comment

blah blah blah. no one believes anything pacliar says but you *******s

Comment

Great great news man!!!

Comment

pls let this happen

hope ortiz doesnt knock floyds teeth out

hope marquez doesnt school manny again

let this fight happen

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Vein
            impossible....unless Team Pac negotiate behind Arum's back
            According to Floyd, they already tried that but that wasn't enough to get him off his 'vacation'.

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            This. But Pac's side said yes to random tests, 50/50 on everything, so when another 'vacation' is upon us and then Floyd flees to the UK for Khan, you'll know why.

Comment

this is BULL until I see it come from either sides mouth. im not taking sides on this issue, i never have tbh, but until I hear them say it, I wont believe it

Comment

just like no one cares to your opinions

Comment

4m+ PPVs if it happens.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok, let's wait the for crackhead clan to announce the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X