No announcement yet.

Wlad-Chisora cancellation: SAP Arena, Mannheim, Germany seats just 15,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    There is always some risk that Haye could pull out for some reason or another but if Haye is leaving boxing soon he seems just to care about the $$ and not what fans think so why not go in there and get ko'd for the biggest payday he could get?

Haye has no intentions of retiring next year, he actually plans to milk the WBA title for as much money as he can. You can't believe anything he says, he's a manipulative con man.

Wlad has just lost a few million dollars for cancelling that fight with Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
      Haye has no intentions of retiring next year, he actually plans to milk the WBA title for as much money as he can. You can't believe anything he says, he's a manipulative con man.

Wlad has just lost a few million dollars for cancelling that fight with Chisora.
      You could be right as he has lied alot in the past 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        There is none, just loose speculation but I am trying to be optimistic like I said. If he is really hurt which he probably is then he has to heal, fight Chisora, and maybe if things workout fight Haye if Haye had the stones to fight him.

All of this takes so much time and makes the Haye fight look like it will be one of those fights we lost.
        Alright, well, no deal has been reached. Booth barely even has contact with Klitschko's team and team Klitschko have had enough of Gaye's con-man tactics. Whatever hope you have is mis-leading.

This injury is real and there is no fight with Haye.

I hope it happens late next year, if Haye gets past Ruslan and Wlad gets past Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
          I'm not sure if you saw the recent Ringside TV Show, a week or so ago, but Haye's Team and Klitschko's Team have absolutely little to no contact between each other.

What evidence is there to suggest they are even on talking terms?

They are not on talking terms, as evidenced by this news.

When the Klitchkos are serious and when there is a serious negotiation they send Bernard Boente to do to the bidding.

The fact that Shelly Finkel is involved means that Booth and Haye most likely have made no indication that they were going to drop their ridiculous TV split demands.

The fact that Schaeffer is involved should tell you even more.

That means that people are really truly trying to talk some sense into David Haye and they know they're gonna have to get the big shooters after it.

On that Ringside program Booth's gripe was essentially that the German TV market could get 4 million if they bid it out instead of the current 3. He also admitted that the UK money was about 4, but nothing greatly exceeding the German $$. That being said it means a total of 7 million instead of 8 and ultimately cost Haye only 500,000 dollars.

Honestly... $500grand max, probably less.. that's all that's holding this up?

I don't believe for one second that is what is truly holding up this 10 million + fight that could sell 60K tickets at the gate.

I believe this is a way of Klitschko using HBO and Schaeffer to put pressure on Haye and Booth, in the public eye, just as Booth was dumb enough to request.

I expect HBO will make a very generous offer to bring the fight to Las Vegas or LA where Haye and Klitschko can divide their European monies and then receive a healthy sum to fight on HBO in primetime.

HBO will say, "here is another 2 million, forget the 500K, what do you say?"

Booth will be stuttering like a bumbling idiot.

Comment

from ESPN's Dan Rafael:

Have to say Bernd Boente sounded very, very, very depressed telling me the news.
            Bonte wouldn't be so depressed about it if it wasn't a real injury.

Comment

that "lahr" guy was picking chisora to "destroy and expose" wlad in an earlier article

expect 10+ mentions of wlad of ducking chisora as though its a scientific fact in the next few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Reach View Post
                that "lahr" guy was picking chisora to "destroy and expose" wlad in an earlier article

expect 10+ mentions of wlad of ducking chisora as though its a scientific fact in the next few weeks
                Yes.

He wrote about ten articles about how Sam Peter was going to destroy Wlad, and a similar number about how Briggs was going to carve up Vitali's face.

He's always hated the Klitschkos. That why over the past several years I've generally avoided his other site, East Side Boxing and posted here instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  They are not on talking terms, as evidenced by this news.

When the Klitchkos are serious and when there is a serious negotiation they send Bernard Boente to do to the bidding.

The fact that Shelly Finkel is involved means that Booth and Haye most likely have made no indication that they were going to drop their ridiculous TV split demands.

The fact that Schaeffer is involved should tell you even more.

That means that people are really truly trying to talk some sense into David Haye and they know they're gonna have to get the big shooters after it.

On that Ringside program Booth's gripe was essentially that the German TV market could get 4 million if they bid it out instead of the current 3. He also admitted that the UK money was about 4, but nothing greatly exceeding the German $$. That being said it means a total of 7 million instead of 8 and ultimately cost Haye only 500,000 dollars.

Honestly... $500grand max, probably less.. that's all that's holding this up?

I don't believe for one second that is what is truly holding up this 10 million + fight that could sell 60K tickets at the gate.

I believe this is a way of Klitschko using HBO and Schaeffer to put pressure on Haye and Booth, in the public eye, just as Booth was dumb enough to request.

I expect HBO will make a very generous offer to bring the fight to Las Vegas or LA where Haye and Klitschko can divide their European monies and then receive a healthy sum to fight on HBO in primetime.

HBO will say, "here is another 2 million, forget the 500K, what do you say?"

Booth will be stuttering like a bumbling idiot.
                  Somehow, I don't ever see Haye accepting to fight in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                    Somehow, I don't ever see Haye accepting to fight in Vegas.
                    Oh I don't either.

But I don't see how a "London or no fight" position on his part is defensible and Wlad would have no problem fighting in the US.

Why would Haye prefer to go to Germany if he could go to the US and demand a huge fee from HBO, which HBO would happily pay? Furthermore why turn it down? London is not some hallowed land of heavyweight fights that demands the title be contested there.

Either way I think it is simply a way to make it obvious to everyone that this isn't really about money, just Haye's general lack of desire to make the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_Arena

On the worst boxing website on the internet, boxing news 24, the owner of that site (and East Side Boxing) has written an article (and signed off with one of his pen names) saying the the Klitschko-Chisora fight was cancelled because only 15,000 of the 60,000 seats were sold.

The author of that article is probably the worst Klitschko hater on the planet, even worse than Teddy Atlas.

The fool known as "Mr Blobby" believed him and has made a thread about it here in NSB.
                      Terrible news that the fight is off.

And what a terrible journalist who either is a Klit hater or simply puts pen to paper without checking anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X