Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If God created the universe, then who created God?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
    God has always been there. He always existed.

I'm done with this thread.
    The thread isn't done with you.

Come back and prove what you just said.

Nevermind, you're too dense for this type of conversation. Go back to your safe little bubble of a world.

Comment

google: thomas aquinas + proofs of God existence. Or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
        The thread isn't done with you.

Come back and prove what you just said.

Nevermind, you're too dense for this type of conversation. Go back to your safe little bubble of a world.
        http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c039.html#r1

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Hardened View Post
          Were to primitive to understand at this point.

Better?
          are you saying that we'll eventually understand?

and don't gimme that "better?"
          don't act a fool, don't like it, ain't funny.

Comment

The giant spaghetti monster

Comment

this is what i've found.

the next Aristotle

A college student attended a philosophy class which held a discussion about God's existence. The professor presented the following logic: “Has anyone in this class ever heard God?” No one spoke. “Has anyone in this class ever touched God?” Again, no one spoke. “Has anyone in this class ever seen God?” When no one spoke for the third time, he said, “Then there is no God.”

One student thought for a second and then asked for permission to reply. Curious to hear this bold student's response, the professor agreed. The student stood up and asked the following: “Has anyone in this class ever heard our professor's brain?” Silence. “Has anyone in this class ever touched our professor's brain?” Absolute silence. “Has anyone in this class ever seen our professor's brain?” When no one in the class dared to speak, the student concluded, “Then, according to our professor's logic, it must be true that our professor has no brain!”

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Barret View Post
                are you saying that we'll eventually understand?

and don't gimme that "better?"
                don't act a fool, don't like it, ain't funny.
                I don't think we will, but It's possible. I'll leave that room there for the possibility.

I think there's so much more to it then we even know at this point. We don't even understand what we do know.

Comment

Well, that's better.

And that's the best of an argument one can make if you debate around the premise that there actually is a God. GOD as defined by most Religions.

There might be a Timeless Creator that jumpstarted the Universe, but Creator does NOT = GOD.

GOD TO MOST = A deity with human like characteristics that watches over us and interferes in our daily lives. We had to put a face & a personality behind our Deity/God in order for it to work, which is why I'm inclined to believe that it's made up. And of course with The GOD idea always comes eternal life, there always has to be a premise of eternal life for all of us. You can't believe in God unless you're promised life beyond your physical one here on earth.

With a Creator (not a personable God), that is a timeless force and the origin of our creation, there is no Afterlife promises. Which is why it's irrelevant whether you believe in a Creator or not. It's out of our reach so to speak. You can believe in it for your own purposes of making sense of the World but that's it. No prayer, religion, necessary.

And that's more or less the idea I am subscribed to.

........That's my rant on this for the night..........

Comment

What came first, the chicken or the egg??

Will we ever know? Probably not..why do we care? I have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      What came first, the chicken or the egg??

Will we ever know? Probably not..why do we care? I have no idea
                      There were eggs long before there were chickens.

Solved.

Comment

Working...
                      X