No announcement yet.

Clarification (Godfrey-Hawk)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Not sure what happened to Shaun other than he appeared to get tired after failing to KO the apparently IRON CHINNED Henry early on...looked like Shaun gassed himself and never got back on track...
    i like how you put the caps on "iron chinned"

Comment

Not sure what happened to Shaun other than he appeared to get tired after failing to KO the apparently IRON CHINNED Henry early on...looked like Shaun gassed himself and never got back on track...
      also i don't know if shaun was gassed or not, but something tells me his mentally got weak when he seen that henry could take his punches and wasn't knocking him out. all he needed to do was throw the right hand....henry had no head movement and wasing cutting him off the ring propely

Comment

LOL I capped him because, MAN, he was getting bombed early on, I went back to the dressing room after the 1st and was like, "This might be over quick." Came back about 10 minutes later and HENRY was landing the big shots

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post
          also i don't know if shaun was gassed or not, but something tells me his mentally got weak when he seen that henry could take his punches and wasn't knocking him out. all he needed to do was throw the right hand....henry had no head movement and wasing cutting him off the ring propely
          LOL I love when people say "All he had to do was..."

Comment

LOL I capped him because, MAN, he was getting bombed early on, I went back to the dressing room after the 1st and was like, "This might be over quick." Came back about 10 minutes later and HENRY was landing the big shots
            i kno it was something to see....

LOL I love when people say "All he had to do was..."
            i mean for real that was all he had to do!!! lmao i mean it was other things he also could had done but i anit the fighter so i'll never know.....

Comment

One thing I always say, boxing would be great if you could take a guy and bottle his best performance for later use...but you can't and THAT is what makes boxing so interesting..as good as u are, you still have to go out and DO IT when called upon...
              Great insights man, of course.

Comment

Yea I know exactly what you mean but...I always say this...you may do whatever it is you need to do, what they say "all u had to do" but you also have to figure that the other guy isnt just going to stand there and allow it to happen to him if he can help it...boxing is like chess for real...you make a move, I move, you move, I make a move

Comment

What was the deal with Hawk putting Godfrey on his ass and it being called a slip?

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post

Well, one thing to remember is that fighters can get mentally weak BECAUSE they are gassed from hitting a guy Who is taking your punches well

Comment

Originally posted by steelhead View Post
                      after the byrd fight i thought he'd beat godfrey if they tangled again.
                      I didnt think so I mean, styles are so different...Matt is much better at 200 than Byrd was at 175, you know what I mean???

Comment

Working...
                      X