No announcement yet.

that time of year again...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that time of year again...

so daylight savings time ends this weekend 2:00 AM Sunday.
    personally, i hate that it has to end. while i am a night owl, i hate when it gets dark at 4 PM (around here). nothing worse than getting out of work at 4:00 and it being dark. it turns me into a sloth. i become so unmotivated. i just don't want to do anything productive. by 8 PM, i feel like it's midnight. i am not saying that i don't like the dark or the night time, just sharing how early darkness affects me. when it gets dark, i want to relax or do something fun, not be productive.

i am psyched that they are extending daylight savings time next year!

Your thoughts?

You mean you are productive usually?! lol joke. But yeh I hate it, I think it gets me depressed too, its crap coming back from school and its all grey. When Im older Im gonna emmigrate so I dont have to see winter, unless its the kind with snow

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
      You mean you are productive usually?! lol joke. But yeh I hate it, I think it gets me depressed too, its crap coming back from school and its all grey. When Im older Im gonna emmigrate so I dont have to see winter, unless its the kind with snow
      i am quite productive young man!
      i go online for a little escape time from all my productivity

Comment

yeh lol no I wasnt talking about that I was joking!. It pisses me off, summer seemed to fly by, I should have spent more time scrumping for apples, playing cricket, exploring etc. I may be 16 but I can still do that

Comment

I wish they'd just get rid of it altogether. I'll be happy to get another hour though..lol

Comment

The reasons it was brought into existance are no longer relative....so, it is no longer relative. It is an unnecessary inconvenience that needs to be done away with like broad ties and lapels and flares.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
              The reasons it was brought into existance are no longer relative....so, it is no longer relative. It is an unnecessary inconvenience that needs to be done away with like broad ties and lapels and flares.
              yet i fear that will never happen

Comment

why was it brought in again? I

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
                  yet i fear that will never happen
                  Probably not. People hate change....you know this.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
                    why was it brought in again? I
                    FDR inacted it, if memory serves me correctly. I think it had to do primarily with farmers so they'd have more daylight hours to work. My memory's a little fuzzy 'cause it's been many moons since my last history class; but I think it had to do with people going to work at a certain time and going home at a certain time, and their jobs were relative to daylight, so if you went home while the sun was still up, you didn't do as much as you could have....so, daylight savings time was inacted.

Mind you, I could very easily be wrong on the specifics; but I think that's essentially where it came from.

Comment

Working...
                    X