No announcement yet.

anyone notice a pattern with wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
    Ok, so I've gone with bullets cos cba actually going into the deepest detail (i will upon request though coz this post is paper thin and i got alot more)

*Mr 75% didnt want a rematch - not on wilders terms no
    * 50million offer - Hearn said lets see a contract but only ever saw a term sheet, no meetings coz there non productive lol
    *Furys 3 camps - FFS check fat ass Furys flab in the Wilder fight, it wobbled when he jabbed hahahah you saying he was more than 75%????? coz ur the only one bro but best to yous
    *Wilder bothers me coz im a boxing fan, i dont choose fury or aj or anyone made by a corp, I pick the best boxer and the fact Deontay Wilder is a champ is a disgrace to boxing (im more than happy to go int this further)... His right hand is pandering to the lowest common denominator - you
    *Povetkin alone wipes the floor with anyone of Widlers past opponents, not sure why you would bring him up actually.

So yeh, your post is crap buddy

I know its really difficult to defend beyonce right now but you keep your head up slugger, your input is always appreciated
    so its ok for fury to duck wilder cause he didnt want to fight on widlers terms but if wilder doesnt wanna sign himself over to DAZN and fight AJ on an app its not ok?!?!?! lol...ok!!!!!!

lol@povetkin wiping the floor with wilders past opponents...does that include fury and ortiz? lol...povetkin got his ass kicked by marco huck!!

wilder is entertaining and good for boxing! he put down fury and ortiz 5x total...they are both top 5 HWs....these are facts

Comment

I love the interest he is bringing to the heavyweight division. Haven't seen anything like it since Lennox IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        lennox, fury, parker, froch , khan along with many others "hearn is blocking aj/wilder...hes the reason it isn't happening"
        Yeah, the same Hearn that offered Wilder more money than he'll probably ever make in his career fighting anyone else, is holding up the fight. Nobody in their right mind actually believes that.

fury="wilder is a fighting man...AJ is not"
        Wilder wasn't a fighting man when he was offered $120m to fight Joshua and Breazeale. Wilder instead fought Brezeale for less. He also wasn't a fighting man when he priced himself out by demanding 50% against Joshua, a Brit who generates more money in America than he does.

how come it seems wilder is never being called a ducker or a coward by anyone cept AJs internet fanbase??!?!?!?! how come never by actual fighters or people who matter in the sport? why it always just internet forum posters who despise him?
        Did you forget when Dillian Whyte showed off a text of Wilder telling him he'll hold him up for 2 years? It seems as though you're ignoring anybody who roasts Wilder besides the fans.

last year and half

bronze bomber
        -fought Ortiz who is a top 4-5 guy and was considered dangerous until beaten by wilder
        -tried to fight AJ and agreed several times while hearn rebuffed them and was blamed by virtually everyone for stalling fight
        He offered Joshua $50m that he couldn't accept, because it was gonna come out of BT Sports' pockets and Joshua has a contract with Sky Sports.

-goes for fury...tough fight
        He went for a Fury that was coming off of 2 years of drugs and alcohol, and 2 complete tomato cans. Fury then outboxed Wilder, but was robbed.

-immediately wants to rematch fury but Tyson didn't want it then and its universally accepted that fury is the reason its not going down
        One of the only times Wilder wasn't on some fuckery.

-in lieu of that fight he made a wbc defense and delivered highlight reel ko in under 3 minutes
        Against a bum. Breazeale went life and death with Ugonoh, and was beat down by AJ. Against Wilder, he just walked forward and ate punches. No game plan at all.

AJ
        -beat joe parker...who kinda stinks
        Parker's better than nearly everyone on Wilder's resume.

-beat povetkin...as much of a former cheat and as old as anyone
        Yeah, forget how Wilder vs Ortiz initially fell through, because Ortiz tested positive for a PED. Forget how Ortiz is also older than Povetkin, and hasn't been tested as much on the world level.

but the UK fgts and poors want to be able to pay 10-20 bucks for a fight that can easily command 80....because they are poor and think fighters should leave money on the table for them as if the fighters give a frig about you

"omg wilders fans are so stupid they want to pay 80 bucks for a fight instead of 10"....no...were actually much more reasonable than you and realize that the fighters would be leaving money on the table this way and they don't want to do that to appease a bunch of dumb, broke, slobs.....you and your meager bank account don't matter to wilder.......oh great its 10 bucks? so you and five friends gonna get together and circle jerk each other for 2 bucks apiece?!?!? lol....I don't think so
        I keep seeing morons claiming they prefer to pay $80 for PPV matches and I just don't get it. Taking a better deal doesn't make you dumb, broke or a slob. It's actually a better investment, because you're getting the same amount of content for 4x less. This reminds me of people who brag about spending ridiculous amounts of money on status symbols. Spending $80 to watch Bum Squad fight doesn't make you smart, rich or a better person. Defending paying $80 to watch Bum Squad fight makes you look like an absolute retard. Besides, why do you care if fighters are leaving money on the table, when not only are they making millions anyways, but as you said, they don't care about you? It's not like you're getting any of that money . $20 PPVs means more people can enjoy the sport, and it's been working fine for AJ.

AJ watched fury miraculously pull himself up from near death....Anthony "I wanna be able to say I took breazeale out before wilder did" Joshua watched wilder savagely end breazeales career less than 3 minutes into a bout
        Okay? It took Wilder 9 rounds to take out Eric Molina, and he got stunned twice. Joshua took him out in 3, and pretty much toyed with him the whole way through.

AJ is cooked...hes already mentally cooked...once wilder they start doing pressers and faceoffs it will be game over for him before a punch is even thrown....
        Wilder can't even speak properly, and he's the reason the AJ fight's not happening. He looked shook when Finkle had to save him during an interview, after he was asked why he turned down the DAZN deal. Wilder even stated that he wouldn't take 50% to fight Joshua. He wouldn't take 50%, which is much more than he deserves, for the chance to become undisputed in his division. If AJ's mentally cooked, then Wilder must be brain dead, because only an absolute moron would turn down the kind of money he did.
        Last edited by Slicc; 05-24-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Slicc wilder fighting Breazeale on showtime instead of signing the dazn deal raised his purse for the Joshua fight

Comment

have we once seen AJs side come to the table and say "lets do a fair split and an outlet that works for both of us and makes us both the most money"???

NOPE...not once

two lowballs from hearn...both accepted then hearn pulled back....

not once has AJs side said "lets do a fair split and the outlet that makes us both the most money...you can stay where you are...well stay over here but lets make this happen"....

everyone knows vegas and US ppv is where the best money is at....yet not once have we heard hearn and AJs side willing or offering that....

Unless Im mistaken, only one supposed offer was made by Team Wilder to Joshua, which was the infamous $50mill. I've always been under the impression that when a fighter pursues a fight, they make an offer, a counter offer, and maybe another round of it before they usually abandon it for the time being, which is what I viewed as Team Joshua had done.

Also you mentioned multiple times about a "fair split" and offers that "makes us both the most money..."

And what exactly is the "most money" for both of them being compared to?
            Is it some imaginary number that is acceptable only if the mass majority agreed it was?
            Is it a number based on speculation that it be comparable to the "biggest" in history?
            Or is it a number that is percieved when taking into account each fighters biggest purse to date?

Normally, fight revenue splits are based from the past up to current marketabilty and revenue generated by each fighter and the possible revenue projected to be earned as a direct result of the proven history with certain guarantees being made that each would earn more than they had previously.

Lets say you and I run two of the biggest burger joints in our city, and you consistently made $100 a day and I consistently made $20 a day and we came about to merge our operations projecting future earnings of $200 a day. If I were to agree on the condition we split 50/50, who is making out in the deal?? Lets say the number is $400 at 50/50 who then?? We'd both be making more than we had on our own for sure, but I'd be making 10x more where you'd only be making 2x. Does that seem to be a "fair" and
            Rational split for us?
            Remember, that still "makes us both the most money".

Lastly, lets say I propose that $400 is childs play, that we can make $1000000 a day and the way we go about it is to overcharge the customers for the burgers. Same split and you went from successful $100 a day guy to $50k a day guy and me $20 to $50k. Sooner or later the customers are gonna get a bit upset IMO

Comment

Originally posted by WOKnWOH View Post
              Unless Im mistaken, only one supposed offer was made by Team Wilder to Joshua, which was the infamous $50mill. I've always been under the impression that when a fighter pursues a fight, they make an offer, a counter offer, and maybe another round of it before they usually abandon it for the time being, which is what I viewed as Team Joshua had done.

Also you mentioned multiple times about a "fair split" and offers that "makes us both the most money..."

And what exactly is the "most money" for both of them being compared to?
              Is it some imaginary number that is acceptable only if the mass majority agreed it was?
              Is it a number based on speculation that it be comparable to the "biggest" in history?
              Or is it a number that is percieved when taking into account each fighters biggest purse to date?

Normally, fight revenue splits are based from the past up to current marketabilty and revenue generated by each fighter and the possible revenue projected to be earned as a direct result of the proven history with certain guarantees being made that each would earn more than they had previously.

Lets say you and I run two of the biggest burger joints in our city, and you consistently made $100 a day and I consistently made $20 a day and we came about to merge our operations projecting future earnings of $200 a day. If I were to agree on the condition we split 50/50, who is making out in the deal?? Lets say the number is $400 at 50/50 who then?? We'd both be making more than we had on our own for sure, but I'd be making 10x more where you'd only be making 2x. Does that seem to be a "fair" and
              Rational split for us?
              Remember, that still "makes us both the most money".

Lastly, lets say I propose that $400 is childs play, that we can make $1000000 a day and the way we go about it is to overcharge the customers for the burgers. Same split and you went from successful $100 a day guy to $50k a day guy and me $20 to $50k. Sooner or later the customers are gonna get a bit upset IMO
              wilder is the b-side...clearly...b-sides don't make offers

the one offer they made was done after AJ said, on camera, that a specific number was what it would take....and then wilders team came up with that number and proved they had it for AJ

otherwise hearn made lowball flat fee offers....one that was 12.5 to fight in the UK..and wilder actually accepted provided hearn could guarantee it in 2018....hearn couldn't/wouldn't and when they asked he said "april 2019"...which was the one thing wilder had asked not to happen lol

the "most money" is a projected number...we all know that projections are rarely 100 percent accurate...sometimes things fall below expectations...sometimes they surpass....but trust this...both teams have done their market research in both markets...in the US and UK...awhile back there were even articles where wilders team actually reached out to frank warren to do market research and projections on a fight in the UK.....both teams have estimations in mind

but I can tell you this...the momentum for this fight is building huge....and it will sell well on us ppv even at 80-100 a pop....it doesn't belong on an app that might not even be able to handle it and claims they wanna charge 10-20 bucks.....

yeah charging 10-20 bucks sounds great for the fans....for poor people....but whats to stop them from doing a fight party where 10 people pay 2 bucks a pop? lol....same as would happen if people had a fight party for the 80-100 dollar price.....

the fighters don't really care about the fans....they are in it to make the most money they can....and im fairly certain wilders team has done their research and realize theyd likely be losing money fighting on that app as opposed to US ppv...this fight is getting bigger by the day

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                Yeah, the same Hearn that offered Wilder more money than he'll probably ever make in his career fighting anyone else, is holding up the fight. Nobody in their right mind actually believes that.

Wilder wasn't a fighting man when he was offered $120m to fight Joshua and Breazeale. Wilder instead fought Brezeale for less. He also wasn't a fighting man when he priced himself out by demanding 50% against Joshua, a Brit who generates more money in America than he does.

Did you forget when Dillian Whyte showed off a text of Wilder telling him he'll hold him up for 2 years? It seems as though you're ignoring anybody who roasts Wilder besides the fans.

He offered Joshua $50m that he couldn't accept, because it was gonna come out of BT Sports' pockets and Joshua has a contract with Sky Sports.

He went for a Fury that was coming off of 2 years of drugs and alcohol, and 2 complete tomato cans. Fury then outboxed Wilder, but was robbed.

One of the only times Wilder wasn't on some fuckery.

Against a bum. Breazeale went life and death with Ugonoh, and was beat down by AJ. Against Wilder, he just walked forward and ate punches. No game plan at all.

Parker's better than nearly everyone on Wilder's resume.

Yeah, forget how Wilder vs Ortiz initially fell through, because Ortiz tested positive for a PED. Forget how Ortiz is also older than Povetkin, and hasn't been tested as much on the world level.

I keep seeing morons claiming they prefer to pay $80 for PPV matches and I just don't get it. Taking a better deal doesn't make you dumb, broke or a slob. It's actually a better investment, because you're getting the same amount of content for 4x less. This reminds me of people who brag about spending ridiculous amounts of money on status symbols. Spending $80 to watch Bum Squad fight doesn't make you smart, rich or a better person. Defending paying $80 to watch Bum Squad fight makes you look like an absolute retard. Besides, why do you care if fighters are leaving money on the table, when not only are they making millions anyways, but as you said, they don't care about you? It's not like you're getting any of that money . $20 PPVs means more people can enjoy the sport, and it's been working fine for AJ.

Okay? It took Wilder 9 rounds to take out Eric Molina, and he got stunned twice. Joshua took him out in 3, and pretty much toyed with him the whole way through.

Wilder can't even speak properly, and he's the reason the AJ fight's not happening. He looked shook when Finkle had to save him during an interview, after he was asked why he turned down the DAZN deal. Wilder even stated that he wouldn't take 50% to fight Joshua. He wouldn't take 50%, which is much more than he deserves, for the chance to become undisputed in his division. If AJ's mentally cooked, then Wilder must be brain dead, because only an absolute moron would turn down the kind of money he did.
                most of what you typed is a bunch of nonsense and drivel

Floyd cant speak properly either and he made close to a billion in purses...lol

no one is claiming they "prefer" to pay more money you idiot...that's what is totally lost on you....what im saying is the fighters don't care about the fans....they are out to make the most money for themselves

if wilder feels theres an extra 10-15 million(or more) out there for him in this fight....if it goes to ppv....then its on him......he doesn't care if you are poor and would rather pay less....he has a product and there is demand for it...hes not out to make your day.....youre the one wanting to see him fight Joshua.....

fighting on DAZN is most likely leaving money on the table.....yeah its great for people who don't wanna spend money....but wilder does not care about you or saving you 60 bucks.....none of them do.... hearn doesn't either....but he needs to try to keep this thing on DAZN so that they are happy and keep buying his fights and fighters

Comment

its hilarious watching the anti wilder/pro AJ fanbois

when wilder comes out and says "im a free agent I can fight anywhere" they eat it up and repeat it and poke fun at him when he turns down a DAZN deal "oh I thought he was a free agent....that's a lot of money....im a free agent doe"

guess what? aj is free to fight anywhere to........so how come you aren't poking at AJ to come with a good split and make the most money for both guys?

hearn doesn't want this fight to go off DAZN because it might ruin his relationship with DAZN and if AJ loses he has no more golden goose to bring them....its clear as day......but yall don't wanna talk about that do you?

Comment

Originally posted by WOKnWOH View Post
                    Rational split for us?
                    Yeah, that's what these Wilderites can't seem to grasp.

It's so simple. They keep blaming the store across the street when the owner is simply smarter than their idols. Spinoza/Haymon can only offer their employees minimum wage and when the smarter businessman offers them 10x their current pay, they scream, "IT'S A LOWBALL!" You won't hear a peep blaming their idols. It never occurred to them that maybe, just maybe their idols just don't know how to run a business.
                    Last edited by Bullrider; 05-25-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

hahaha yeah hearn is smarter than everyone! take away Joshua and hearn doesn't really have anything of real value to offer! and that's the catch! he needs DAZN to keep his pockets lined and needs to please em!

if AJ fights wilder off DAZN then they are pissed at hearn...and if AJ loses to wilder off DAZN, without DAZN having rights on wilder, then hearn has NOTHING of value to bring DAZN cept some fringe names

if wilder loses haymons roster still has value!

you idiotic AJ fans cant understand wilders "current pay" means nothing in this situation because he wouldn't be fighting any of his past or current foes....AJ is his own separate entity..hes not Ortiz...hes not fury...hes not stiverne and hes not Washington....hes AJ....you throw wilders old pay and current pay out the window

that's like saying "Charles martins previous high payday was 300k....why on earth would anyone pay him 6 million"...lol....martin wasn't fighting any of his previous opponents...he was fighting AJ......its too hard for you guys to grasp that wilders value vs everyone else is not the same as his value to a fight with AJ......its simple yet still way over your heads

Comment

Working...
                      X