Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wilder keeps winning like this, will he be making Mayweather type money soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody making Floyd money ever again!

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      Why you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        And wilder is already 33

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Nobody will make Mayweather money again, because it's too easy to bootleg a PPV fight now.

I've watched every PPV this year, haven't paid for any of them.
          I'll take the under on Mayweather Money never getting reached again.

Granted it'll take a generation or two most likely, but superstars aren't going to stop coming & with the innovation that I believe is coming to live sports there are going to be huge openings for charismatic young, talented fighters to make bank, even bank bigger than Floyd's bank.

And I mean just think about it in historical context. I'm sure after Dempsey there were people who thought no one would be as big as Dempsey. Then Joe Louis came. Then Muhammad Ali. Then Mike Tyson. Then Floyd Mayweather. And there is for sure gonna be a name after Floyd's its just a matter of when not if.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
            Why you say that?
            Cuz times are diffrent. And Floyd had Oscar(cash cow) to pass the torch and other big names on his resume. Who Wilder gon fight after AJ?

If Spence and Wilder changed places then it would make more since. If Wilder was KOing everyone at 147 and the option to move up add names like Canelo and also fight the future stars moving up. Then maybe. But the numbers Floyd did vs Manny/Conor aint never gonna happen again! Not this generation

Comment

No. Nobody ever will. Too many ways to watch ppvs without paying now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I'll take the under on Mayweather Money never getting reached again.

Granted it'll take a generation or two most likely, but superstars aren't going to stop coming & with the innovation that I believe is coming to live sports there are going to be huge openings for charismatic young, talented fighters to make bank, even bank bigger than Floyd's bank.

And I mean just think about it in historical context. I'm sure after Dempsey there were people who thought no one would be as big as Dempsey. Then Joe Louis came. Then Muhammad Ali. Then Mike Tyson. Then Floyd Mayweather. And there is for sure gonna be a name after Floyd's its just a matter of when not if.
                Perhaps I should have said "adjusted for inflation"

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                  AJ vs. Wilder in 2020 is going to break records.
                  Yeah I agree. At least, heavyweight records. Do you think it happens stateside or in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                    Yeah I agree. At least, heavyweight records. Do you think it happens stateside or in the UK?
                    If I had to wager on it I would say NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                      If I had to wager on it I would say NYC.
                      I was thinking that also or maybe Las Vegas but then started thinking that AJ will probably give Wilder a better deal as long as it's in the UK. I think for enough money, Wilder would be willing to go across the pond. His right hand is going to land at some point, no matter what continent.

Comment

Working...
                      X