No announcement yet.

US Marshals fatally shoots man, riots ensues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] US Marshals fatally shoots man, riots ensues

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC/Gray News) - United States Marshals shot and killed a man in Memphis on Wednesday night, sparking a major protest.

At least 25 officers were injured in the chaos. According to Memphis Police Director Mike Rallings, a crowd of people gathered after the shooting in protest, and some became unruly and began to throw rocks.

Most of those officers have minor injuries, but Rallings did say a few were seriously hurt. At least six of them were taken to the hospital, according to Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland. Rallings said there are reports of civilians being hurt, and urged anyone who may have injuries to call for help.

The shooting happened near 7 p.m. on Durham Street in Frayser. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has been called in to investigate.

According to TBI, U.S. Marshals located a man with multiple warrants getting into a vehicle. When they tried to stop him, he rammed his vehicle into officers’ vehicles multiple times.

TBI later identified the man as 20-year-old Brandon Webber.

TBI said Webber got out with a weapon before officers shot and killed him.

After the shooting, the unruly crowd began to protest. MPD sent officers in riot gear to assist while civilians began throwing rocks. Eventually, officers had to use a chemical agent to disperse the crowd.

Rallings commended his officers for remaining calm amidst the chaos as well as those protesters who kept calm and did not attack officers.

“I need everyone to stay calm,” Rallings said. “If your home was vandalized or you were harmed, we need you to call police.”

Rallings encouraged people to not react before they know all the information around the shooting. He said he does not have all the facts yet and doesn’t want there to be misinformation.

Rallings said MPD supports people protesting, but not when it turns violent.

“When this happens in a neighborhood, the neighborhood is victimized,” Rallings said. He said he wants to help the neighborhood heal and get back to normal.

Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland released the following statement after the incident:

"As I monitored tonight’s fatal shooting involving the US Marshal’s, I was proud of our first responders. I’m impressed by their professionalism and incredible restraint as they endured concrete rocks being thrown at them and people spitting at them. At least 24 officers and deputies were injured---6 were taken to the hospital. At least two journalists were injured. Multiple police cars were vandalized. A concrete wall outside a business was torn down. The windows were broken out at fire station 31. Let me be clear—the aggression shown towards our officers and deputies tonight was unwarranted. I want to thank the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office for their assistance, the Governor and Tennessee Highway Patrol, Memphis Fire, and my staff and directors who worked overnight to serve this city."

A fire station on Overton Crossing Road was also damaged during the violence.

Three people have been arrested in connection to the protests. Officers are still at the scene as of 5 a.m.

https://www.wyomingnewsnow.tv/conten...511230231.html

Wait, didn't this kid Brandon Webber shoot a guy five times trying to jack his car? Then this dude rammed polive vehicles with his vehicle.

Comment

Crime is all time high in America, I blame feminists.

Comment

https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/brandon-webber/

He was a good kid doe.

Comment

Any excuse to go and steal some new Jordans

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
            Guess he was a prophet, he even said before it happened "they gon have to kill me, homie"
            Well, they did

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Wait, didn't this kid Brandon Webber shoot a guy five times trying to jack his car? Then this dude rammed polive vehicles with his vehicle.
              Don’t bring up facts, it interferes with whatever self serving narrative...

I’ve dealt with US Marshall’s, they were cool to me. Then again, I never acted the fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                Crime is all time high in America, I blame feminists.
                Feminists, and lack of a strong father figure, single parent homes in all races, poverty, and just foolishness. Maybe video games and the overall breakdown of standard morals.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC/Gray News) - United States Marshals shot and killed a man in Memphis on Wednesday night, sparking a major protest.

At least 25 officers were injured in the chaos. According to Memphis Police Director Mike Rallings, a crowd of people gathered after the shooting in protest, and some became unruly and began to throw rocks.

Most of those officers have minor injuries, but Rallings did say a few were seriously hurt. At least six of them were taken to the hospital, according to Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland. Rallings said there are reports of civilians being hurt, and urged anyone who may have injuries to call for help.

The shooting happened near 7 p.m. on Durham Street in Frayser. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has been called in to investigate.

According to TBI, U.S. Marshals located a man with multiple warrants getting into a vehicle. When they tried to stop him, he rammed his vehicle into officers’ vehicles multiple times.

TBI later identified the man as 20-year-old Brandon Webber.

TBI said Webber got out with a weapon before officers shot and killed him.

After the shooting, the unruly crowd began to protest. MPD sent officers in riot gear to assist while civilians began throwing rocks. Eventually, officers had to use a chemical agent to disperse the crowd.

Rallings commended his officers for remaining calm amidst the chaos as well as those protesters who kept calm and did not attack officers.

“I need everyone to stay calm,” Rallings said. “If your home was vandalized or you were harmed, we need you to call police.”

Rallings encouraged people to not react before they know all the information around the shooting. He said he does not have all the facts yet and doesn’t want there to be misinformation.

Rallings said MPD supports people protesting, but not when it turns violent.

“When this happens in a neighborhood, the neighborhood is victimized,” Rallings said. He said he wants to help the neighborhood heal and get back to normal.

Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland released the following statement after the incident:

"As I monitored tonight’s fatal shooting involving the US Marshal’s, I was proud of our first responders. I’m impressed by their professionalism and incredible restraint as they endured concrete rocks being thrown at them and people spitting at them. At least 24 officers and deputies were injured---6 were taken to the hospital. At least two journalists were injured. Multiple police cars were vandalized. A concrete wall outside a business was torn down. The windows were broken out at fire station 31. Let me be clear—the aggression shown towards our officers and deputies tonight was unwarranted. I want to thank the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office for their assistance, the Governor and Tennessee Highway Patrol, Memphis Fire, and my staff and directors who worked overnight to serve this city."

A fire station on Overton Crossing Road was also damaged during the violence.

Three people have been arrested in connection to the protests. Officers are still at the scene as of 5 a.m.

https://www.wyomingnewsnow.tv/conten...511230231.html
                  tariq nasheed is a piece of race baiting shit.

basically he's saying that if you commit crimes and get shot by the cops it is A OK to commit MORE crimes as a retaliation....

but he stays mighty quiet when it comes to black on black violence etc....

like I said...

hes a racist piece of hypocrite shit.

Comment

Dindu nuffin

Comment

Working...
                    X