Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Canelo Beating Danny Put Him Above TC or Loma P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he staked his claim when he beat GGG in their rematch. That was some damn good boxing he did in that fight. He has just as much right, and maybe more, as Crawford and Loma to claim the #1 spot.

Comment

Uea canelo has fought way better competition the bud and lomo put together close fights or not. If he fought there competition he would be icing them just like they do meat or no meat facts

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Hell no. The guy's last draw and win were HIGHLY questionable. P4P isn't about looking up boxrec, it's about analyzing how a guy actually looks in these fights. He looks to be at Golovkin's level (yes, I said it). A win over Danny isn't putting him above Bud and Loma, who have dominated everyone they've fought in recent years.

I should slap the shyt out of you for even suggesting.. (j/k, I know you're not implying anything w/ the thread)
        Whoa, easy, Redd. Haha.

Yeah, I wasn't convinced of him winning either of the GGG fights. Still, the rematch was close and well, Danny's the next guy under them. Of course, I don't know how special Danny is either but it seems like a good win if he does so impressively. But I don't know. I was just asking the question. Hehe. Good response as always, my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
          No, loma beat the mighty linares in a true 50/50 fight between two elite fighters. Massive victory. No win canelo obtains can match up to that feat.
          That's a good opinion.

Thanks for adding, man.

Comment

If he gives Jacobs a boxing lesson and possibly KOs him yes. If he "wins" a decision like Porter did over Ugas then **** no.

Comment

If he knocks him out early, I don't see how he cannot be #1 resume wise.

Comment

Canelo is already #1.

Crawford and Lomachenko combined might not ever surpass what Canelo has already done, yet alone what he will do in the future.

Anyways, for those that don’t have Canelo #1 they might move him up the rankings for beating Jacobs because Jacobs has done pretty good since the Golovkin fight with 3 solid wins in Arias, Sulecki, and Derevyanchenko. Meanwhile other Middleweights fight guys like Heiland, Martirosyan, and Rolls hoping to get that Canelo lotto ticket.

Comment

I wouldn’t fault anyone who would have him number 1 right now. However for me at the end of the day, all things being equal, I would pick both Crawford and Loma to beat Canelo. So that’s a no for me dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    Whoa, easy, Redd. Haha.

Yeah, I wasn't convinced of him winning either of the GGG fights. Still, the rematch was close and well, Danny's the next guy under them. Of course, I don't know how special Danny is either but it seems like a good win if he does so impressively. But I don't know. I was just asking the question. Hehe. Good response as always, my friend!
                    And, beyond resume, I can't look at what Canelo does and say it's anywhere near the same quality as Loma or Crawford. Neither defensively or offensively. And, I say this as someone who has spent a lot of time educating people on Canelo's skill, posting videos, explaining how good he is because just a couple years ago everyone referred to Canelo as a very basic fighter. Now, somehow they all think he's a P4P #1, which is weird AF.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                      No, loma beat the mighty linares in a true 50/50 fight between two elite fighters. Massive victory. No win canelo obtains can match up to that feat.
                      How dare you disrespect the great Linares! He beat the great Crolla TWICE!

Comment

Working...
                      X