Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Took Over in The Second Half - I Won The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    Absolutely.
    How by throwing 2 counter jabs? Loma was scared of Lopez's power he got stunned to the body in round 1 and fought scared for the next 6 he finally decided to let his hands go but it was too late if he would've started the way he fought in rounds 8-11 he could've knocked Teofimo out because at times Lopez looked confused and dropped his hands a lot on the ropes he can't do that against someone like Ramirez or Taylor but against Loma he was able to handle it.

Lomachenko is a great fighter but Teofimo neutralized his side stepping and that was the main factor in this fight he couldn't use his angles to get his shots off and that's what got to Loma.

For everybody saying it was a draw or Loma got robbed go watch their body language Loma knew he lost that's why his whole corner was just quiet looking around while they were waiting for the cards he looked like the beaten fighter. Cards were wide for sure I gave Vasyl 4 rounds and the 12 was a toss up but I think Lopez edged it. People also aren't talking about Teo's body work that played a factor too as Loma never attempted to start a body attack himself.

Comment

• Lopez didi it !!!!!!!!!! Latinos are the face of boxing !!! That slavic, showboater midget fought scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        Go watch round 2.
        I scored it 10-9 for Lopez live.

Then I watched it again and scored it 10-9 for Lopez.

Third time? Guess what? 10-9 for Lopez.

Comment

• Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
          I wouldn’t say he was necessarily scared although he definitely was wary of Lopez’ power and Lopez’ speed was causing him problems early.
          There's a fine line between scared and cautious. The first 5 rounds of that fight Loma straddled that line

Comment

• Delusions of grandeur. He lost first 6 rounds and more after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              Yeah I think regardless of what he said he felt real urgency in the second half. I think he knew he needed a stoppage or at least a knockdown to be in contention on the cards.

Would've been real exciting to see him pull it off but, it's not a great strategy. Especially when he looked clearly smaller.
              I have to wonder how the layoff affected him too. He didn’t look sharp at all and was pretty well forcing it in the 2nd half. I’ve never felt that long layoffs are good for aging fighters. A rematch would answer a lot of questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                There's a fine line between scared and cautious. The first 5 rounds of that fight Loma straddled that line
                He most definitely!

Thurman lost the first half too
                But didn't fight scared at all!
                He marched FORWARD!

Comment

• HUGE Lomachenko fan here. Picked him to win by UD. I gave him rounds 7,8,10, and 11. Lopez owned every other round.

I think a rematch will look better for Loma. I still believe in him. But Lopez owned this fight. Any other conclusion is delusional.

Comment

• Lopez was too much into his game plan by the time loma decided to start! And then when loma used the angle strategy, Lopez just stepped with him and negated anything loma may have been capable of.big loma fan but great tactics for the clear win by Lopez.

Comment

• I know why Loma lost, he didn't hit that silly board on the wall hard enough

Comment

Working...
                      X