Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Condit Shocks Nick Diaz, Who Quits MMA Afterwards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carlos Condit Shocks Nick Diaz, Who Quits MMA Afterwards

LAS VEGAS -- Carlos Condit earned the interim welterweight title and a match with champion Georges St. Pierre with a unanimous decision victory over Nick Diaz at UFC 143 Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

wow, what did i miss? i need to catch that fight/post fight interview.

Comment

What can you do? Some people want to fight, some want to score points....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        So you are telling me that throwing amazing combinations, forcing Diaz to look like a fool and being intelligently aggressive is not trying to win the fight? Grow up and stop being such a nut hugger. There was no way Nick "One direction, one dimensional" Diaz could have won that fight on his best night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadownero View Post
          So you are telling me that throwing amazing combinations, forcing Diaz to look like a fool and being intelligently aggressive is not trying to win the fight? Grow up and stop being such a nut hugger. There was no way Nick "One direction, one dimensional" Diaz could have won that fight on his best night.
          I can tell that you're a Diaz hater and that's cool. I'm just dissapointed that a guy who calls himself the Natural Born Killer and said "I wont stop until one of us is unconscious". Turned in a fight like that. It's amazing that so called Condit fans are happy with that performance. It's baffling. If Nick would've done the same thing I'd be pissed too.....

Comment

I agree with Kaps.

Condit certainly won the fight, and he did so by making it a track meet.

He couldn't have stood and gone toe-to-toe with Diaz. But, it was a smart tactic.

To me, today's fight was another case of why the cage is **** and the ring is far better. If the fight would have been in a ring, we would have seen a different fight. I don't know whether or not Diaz would have won, but Condit would not have been able to run as easily in a ring, as opposed to a 35 foot 8 sided cage.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post

it's diaz job to cut that ring off, brother

condit fought a smart fight and stayed away from the business end of diaz combinations

Comment

kaps mad cuz his favorite fighter lost

Comment

Carlos Condit is full of **** yo, seriously full of crap. Nick was letting his balls hang out on dudes face and all he was doing was backing away from Nick's sack instead of trying to break those balls, Nick even b1tch slapped him at 1 point and all Condit did was keep moving back. call that a win if you want I call that a competitive shame that a man is allowed to do some bull**** like that, that a man can literally side step the FIGHT element of a FIGHT while in a FIGHT and still somehow walk away with a "bad ass" image

warriors simply do not exist no more and the ones that do are rare, it seems like you can't rely on MMA anymore when you want to see a fight because the so called "best in the world" gonna do some strategic, Chael Sonnen hugging man love bull**** for 25 minutes and wont engage.

MMA is full of **** man and I see it now, too many loop holes involved to where you can straight up side step the real fight ahead of you. good thing Nick retired because MMA wasn't ever a good sport to him, he was always an underpaid, overtrained warrior and he doesn't need that crap. fighters FIGHT, you hear that Carlos Condit? they actually get in there and fight, what you did was fend off Nick throwing enough to look good while backing up instead of truly trying to brutalize the man in front of you the way you promised

in Boxing you can run but chanes are you'll get caught eventually lose and runners don't win, you run away you don't win unless the ref ain't a good one because 9 out of 10 the nature of the sport itself will force you to fight. De La Hoya lost to Trinidad, why? because Oscar RAN AWAY, it didn't matter how much more skills and technical strategies Oscar implied.

in Boxing you run away and you LOSE, there has to be MUCH MORE points in the fight where you were successfully aggressive rather than points where you were over cautious. bottomline people who stack points are basically playing a game, people who are looking to ****in fight will have a harder time playing that catch me if you can bull**** because that's literally not what they are there to do.

I'm not saying Condit should have dropped his hands and let Nick hit him but friggin damn Carlos couldn't you have fought just 1 round where you give us the fight you were promising us? even Mayweather, the most skilled pugilist today in his class, FIGHTS and plants his feet, even he comes forth and seeks KO's and this is a man who is undefeated and doesn't take much punishment but he also doesn't back up, he negates you he doesn't literally avoid you he's there to be hit you just can't flush hit him and when he makes you miss he hits you with bombs that can KO you, ask prime Ricky Hatton and Victor Ortiz they'll tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    it's diaz job to cut that ring off, brother

condit fought a smart fight and stayed away from the business end of diaz combinations
                    no need to cut off the ring anymore Diaz already cut off his testicles, I can't perceive Carlos Condit in the same light as I once used to after seeing how he basically retreated against Nick. Don't get me wrong I don't wish harm on Condit I just thought he was an exception to your average MMA fighter, I thought he WOULD let them go

thing is I can understand situations like Anderson Silva when he fought Chael Sonnen, in that fight Chael didn't allow for the fight to stay up because every time they were up Chael brought him down and literally tried pinning him there so there he gave Anderson no choice, Silva had to try something on the ground but in a fight like yesterday there was nothing except his caution for Nick's fighting that gave Condit a reason to fight the way he did, Condit didn't have to move back and could have really hurt Diaz too. he moved back because when push came to shove and he was against that dude that was gonna return the blaze he laced up skates instead of returning it back

look at BJ Penn for example, he could have easily tried to fight safe and who knows but do you think you'll ever see BJ Penn not fight his heart out? win lose or draw you're gonna see the same BJ Penn walk out as the one who walked in, Robbie Lawler is another one who win/lose or draw brings the pain each time. Carlos Condit had that same "I don't give a ****" image and "bad ass" persona going into this fight yet after the fight walked away the complete opposite, suddenly "The Natural Born Killer" is not looking to kill which is blatantly contradictory to what he was saying would happen just before the fight, the "war" never got a chance to materialize

I respect the fight game, I know this game is hard and Carlos Condit trains hard, he is worthy of the general respects of a fighter because they don't have it easy, the respect is there trust me but when you set a standard for yourself and then go out there and stink the joint up that's simply not admirable. Joe Rogan had an orgasm every time Condit missed a shot yo honestly it was a terrible fight

Comment

Working...
                    X