Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do adults stay fighting in the amateurs for like a decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do adults stay fighting in the amateurs for like a decade?

A lot of Euro guys do it but how? Like are they working part or full time jobs while fighting hundreds of bouts? Are they paid or given gifts by someone with vested interests? Are there like tournaments with cash prizes? What is it?

Serious question, 10 years is ****ing long, like you don't see that happen in America, guys go pro asap because they want that money.

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    A lot of Euro guys do it but how? Like are they working part or full time jobs while fighting hundreds of bouts? Are they paid or given gifts by someone with vested interests? Are there like tournaments with cash prizes? What is it?

Serious question, 10 years is ****ing long, like you don't see that happen in America, guys go pro asap because they want that money.
    In some countries you get to be part of a state sponsored program, other get sponsors and I'm sure some have other gigs, the thing about "amateur" boxing is that it's not necessarily a procursor to pro boxing, a lot of athletes don't chose to go pro cause it just wasn't their interest, of they don't have the network, they are almost two different en******.
    I guess you mean 10 years as adults,,, many USA boxers have had 10 years or more in the amateurs

Comment

There often isnt the same money in going pro in some of these countries first off meanwhile there is often money in the amateur game so these guys get money like they got a job for boxing as I understand it.

So usually you gotta leave your country to find money outside of the amateurs so I think its a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush kinda thing in some regard to most guys.

Comment

It’s because they have very well funded amateur systems.

Comment

Not all amateur boxers turn pro brother.
          Last edited by Lomadeaux; 10-20-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of career amateurs, whom are essentially pros at that point. And it's one thing to be in a sport w/o a professional future to advance to but boxing is not a dead end sport.

Comment

Some are funded some sponsored some have a part time job as trainers some have a full time job as a policeman or soldiers
              Some are minor criminals or tied to major crime

Comment

How long was Loma in the amateurs? He gets a lot of praise for his amateur record. 396-1 just seems like straight up bullying the armatures, but I guess that's enough to get you #1 p4p.

Comment

I assume as a amateur in some countries you get a definitive set wage, access to great training facilities and maybe? Some opportunities to further education and travel the world. Playing the long game, for some boxers staying amateur may be the safe bet 'Plus these boxers are still participating in their, under a more regulated environment'

As a professional these days, boxers are the most highly criticized athletes in all of sports. Even though the very nature of the sport, works differently from more 'Shallow teams sports'.

Comment

- -Same reason you pick you nose for your whole life.

Easy to do...

Comment

Working...
                    X