Jose Napoles vs Aaron Pryor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Napoles vs Aaron Pryor

@ 140lb. Who wins & how?

pryor wins by 1st round kayo,pryor uses his non stop windmill style and lands at will

Comment

Napoles by wide decision, can't really see him having many problems with Pryor.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Napoles by wide decision, can't really see him having many problems with Pryor.
        Wow really? I figure most 140lb fighters would have trouble with a focused prime Pryor over 15.

Comment

Pryor stop napoles late on cuts in a back and fourth battle

Comment

I consider Napoles a different class of fighter, but Pryor is still one of the most dangerous 140lbers in history, & would have success here. I see Pryor's volume assault & strange angles putting him out in front over the course of the first-half of the fight, but Napoles making sound adjustments & picking Pryor apart with neat counter-shots & clever positioning through the second-half, reining in Pryor's early points lead. By the end, Pryor is still punching but has lost his edge in ring generalship, & is beginning to grow wilder, missing more. Napoles maintains his precision & poise, hitting the front by round thirteen on my card, & then closing the show with a great pair of final rounds.

Napoles on clear, but competitive, decision. Something like 8-6-1, or perhaps a touch wider. Napoles remains under-rated, & Pryor, just a little over-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
              I consider Napoles a different class of fighter, but Pryor is still one of the most dangerous 140lbers in history, & would have success here. I see Pryor's volume assault & strange angles putting him out in front over the course of the first-half of the fight, but Napoles making sound adjustments & picking Pryor apart with neat counter-shots & clever positioning through the second-half, reining in Pryor's early points lead. By the end, Pryor is still punching but has lost his edge in ring generalship, & is beginning to grow wilder, missing more. Napoles maintains his precision & poise, hitting the front by round thirteen on my card, & then closing the show with a great pair of final rounds.

Napoles on clear, but competitive, decision. Something like 8-6-1, or perhaps a touch wider. Napoles remains under-rated, & Pryor, just a little over-rated.
              Excellent analysis. I see it the same way, as long as Napoles' paper thin skin doesn't betray him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Excellent analysis. I see it the same way, as long as Napoles' paper thin skin doesn't betray him.
                Thank you. I think we'd be in for an at-times exciting clash. Watching Napoles struggle early & gradually overcome Pryor, as I outlined I believe he would, would make for intriguing viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post

co-sign. This is extremely well phrased. Good K for good writing when i reload.

Comment

Pryor is overrated, & steered clear of great fighters or even very good ones in their prime, why do all think he moved up from LW where he was originally rated & wanted to fight, because at the time, the LW division was loaded & JWW had an aging past him prime Cervantes as champ, LOL, Napoles beats Pryor, as does any other all-time great, Pryor could not move up & beat a Quality WW, why would anyone think that, who did Pryor beat, Arguello whom he cheated with Panama Lewis & a guy that was on his 4th move up in weight, & near the end also, & Cervantes not known for his power, put Pryor down, LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X