Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name your most out of the ordinary fantasy fight predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Not only do I think, I'm pretty sure of it.

Quartey would continuously tag him with his jab and put up his shell guard when Trinidad punched, even countering Trinidad at times.

Quartey has a terrible style for Trinidad, which is why Winky did what he did against him. Trinidad averaged less than 40 punches per round and could only really be effective when walking forward behind a not so good defense.
    I wouldn't exactly call the Tito who fought Winky prime though, would you? I mean 2 fights in 4 years and this is after having lost his aura of invincibility to Hopkins. I think a prime version does to Quartey what Fernando Vargas did to him only he'd do it with more power and force a stoppage.

Comment

Pea decisioning Leonard

Comment

Sergio Martinez doesn't have a hope in hell against the Winky Wright of five years ago,never mind a prime Winky Wright.There is absolutely nothing about Sergio Martinez that would cause Winky Wright any problems.Nothing at all.The only way to remain competitive with Winky Wright was through aggression and workrate - which Sergio Martinez doesn't have.

Comment

Prime Tyson would have took Lewis out in 3 rounds.
          Calzaghe beats Abraham/Dirrell/Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            I can't see Quartey embarrassing Trinidad... I could see him winning. Ditto for Quartey vs. Cotto.

I actually would be surprised if Wright could beat Martinez prime for prime.

Mosely could win, but no way he could "manhandle" JCC. Unless you mean JCC Jr.
            Quartey would stop Cotto and pretty much shutdown Trinidad.

Lightweight Mosley manhandles lightweight JCC Sr. and at welterweight too.
            Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I wouldn't exactly call the Tito who fought Winky prime though, would you? I mean 2 fights in 4 years and this is after having lost his aura of invincibility to Hopkins. I think a prime version does to Quartey what Fernando Vargas did to him only he'd do it with more power and force a stoppage.
            154 wasn't Quartey's prime weight and Vargas was equipped with better footwork, strength, and workrate to deal with Quartey's style.
            Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            Sergio Martinez doesn't have a hope in hell against the Winky Wright of five years ago,never mind a prime Winky Wright.There is absolutely nothing about Sergio Martinez that would cause Winky Wright any problems.Nothing at all.The only way to remain competitive with Winky Wright was through aggression and workrate - which Sergio Martinez doesn't have.
            Martinez could have diffused Winky with his footwork, speed, counterpunching, and the way he maintains staying out of range until he's ready to punch.

Comment

154 wasn't Quartey's prime weight and Vargas was equipped with better footwork, strength, and workrate to deal with Quartey's style.
              Fair enough. But I think you will agree 160 wasn't Tito's best weight nor was he prime against Winky.

I see Vargas having slightly better footwork and strength with Trinidad have the better power and punching technique. Work rate about the same. Neither of us can ever prove who would have one and we both have our own opinions so I will respectfully agree to disagree with you and leave it at that my friend.

Comment

winky would shutdown martinez with ease. lopsided UD imo

Comment

Martinez could have diffused Winky with his footwork, speed, counterpunching, and the way he maintains staying out of range until he's ready to punch.

Which works pretty well against fighters slow of feet and little defense.Problem is,however,Winky didn't lack in either.

Winky doesn't offer any opening for Martinez to counter.Martinez offers plenty for Wright to counter with,though.He'd be dealing with a man who still has a fresh pair of legs,who uses a very tight,consistent defense,and a very persistent,imposing jab.

Winky's style was very consistent - a type that he can maintain over the course of an entire bout without taking his gas off the pedal and slowing up.I just don't see Sergio Martinez in the same vein.Winky's style isn't the type that allows a fighter to relax,and the last time I saw Martinez pressed and forced to take action,he was dropping on his knee's in exhaustion during the middle of the 10th or 11th round.

Just my personal opinion,man.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I see Vargas having slightly better footwork

Interesting point,my man.In my personal opinion,I see Vargas's footwork as being far superior to that of Felix "Tito" Trinidad's.Vargas was excellent at boxing on the backfoot,using constant side-to-side movement,and presented the type of angles that I could never imagine Trinidad using.

Trinidad was indeed a special fighter;I just don't see footwork as eing one of his key stengths.

But hey,if that's your opinion,then I respect it.

Comment

mike mccallum beats hagler, hearns, leonard and duran. hearns and leonard by KO.

prime cory spinks beats floyd mayweather, so does stevie johnston and maybe casamayor.

prime casamyor beats pacquiao easily.

iran barkley would walk through the current MW division with a smile and leave carnage behind him.

emanuel augustus wouldve been a top 50 ATG if he was promoted properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                      Prime Tyson would have took Lewis out in 3 rounds.
                      Calzaghe beats Abraham/Dirrell/Ward.

What elite fighters in their prime did Tyson ever take out in the first three rounds? An old out of shape Larry Holmes and a blown up lightheavyweight in Michael Spinks?

Tyson fans usually bring up Lewis's losses to Rahman and McCall tho those two are completely different fighters at completely different times.Against Tyson he'd be wary of his power and show him the type of respect that he didn't show shannon briggs,rahman and mccall early in those fights.

Lewis negates Tyson's power and it's a mismatch from that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X