No announcement yet.

Roy Jones jnr v Anderson Silva offically aint happening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones jnr v Anderson Silva offically aint happening

Looks like Dana has knocked this one on the head. Not too surprising really to be perfectly honest:

http://www.mmamadness.com/bleedinged...ngedge_id=1264

good news.......

Comment

This wasn't a good idea to begin with, each other good at what they do in their own skills.

Comment

wasnt a good idea? **** you i know u wouldve watched this sht.

Comment

It doesn't make sense for someone in the UFC fight someone in boxing when there a big competition between the two. If you Dana then you have everything to lose and nothing to gain. He know Silva isn't gonna win against a former champion in Roy Jones Jr. It's like Mayweather when he said he wanted to pursue the UFC. I didn't say I wouldn't watch it, maybe you can't read my posts or your an idiot but either way the point is it wouldn't make sense. Silva is a great striker, but theres a difference between striking and boxing. If Silva whens then there will be excuses and if Jones win that there will still be excuses because of the big competetion between the two sports.

Comment

I personally think it would of been good for both sports. And both parties could of made ALOT of money.

Comment

They would've made a lot of money= Yes
              But when you really think about it, it would do more bad then good, don't get me wrong I would love to watch these two fights because Silva is one the my favourite in MMA and Roy Jones Jr is one of my favourite boxers, but when you put it together, both organizations will be critisized by everyone in the media and by fans if either loses.

Comment

Originally posted by TBEC2 View Post
                I personally think it would of been good for both sports. And both parties could of made ALOT of money.
                I'm not sure how this would be good for boxing dude, in fact I think it would be bad for boxing.

a fight with a mutliple world champ who has over 50 pro fights to his name and versus someone who is like 1-1. Its a BAD mismatch and would be a black eye on the sport IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
                  I'm not sure how this would be good for boxing dude, in fact I think it would be bad for boxing.

a fight with a mutliple world champ who has over 50 pro fights to his name and versus someone who is like 1-1. Its a BAD mismatch and would be a black eye on the sport IMO.
                  That is true. Just like the points I pointed out.This would be bad for both sports.

Comment

not surprised at all

Comment

Working...
                    X