Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Catchweight Criticism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS after he fought Oscar at 147 pounds there was no need for him to handicap Cotto. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
      i dont have any problem with manny's cw fights but he cant get credit for beating cotto at ww when he didnt fight him at that weight.
      he actually did.

can a couple of pounds affect a fighter? yea. but at the end of the day, they signed the dotted line.

Comment

eh, who cares anymore?

Comment

The only people who seem to whine about it are floydiots, yet overlook the fact he had one(which he ignored) for his bout with Marquez.

I find it slightly odd, but realise that it shows a real lack of understanding of the sport and its history when people start moaning about catchweights. They are part and parcel of the sport and always have been.

As a fan of boxing for over 30 years, I find it incredible that people moan about catchweights, but not so much about the ridiculous amount of weight classes. They simply arent needed, so when I read some bumsniffing floyd fluffer *****ing up about 2 or 3 pound here or there, it really makes me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
            BS after he fought Oscar at 147 pounds there was no need for him to handicap Cotto. Period.
            ^^^ Here's a classic example.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
              he actually did.

can a couple of pounds affect a fighter? yea. but at the end of the day, they signed the dotted line.
              it was a catchweight fight different than the one he just had with oscar.

in that cotto had to weight below what he was comfortable weighing like i said i have no problem with it,

n think it was a great win for manny even though he had a hard fight himself.

but if cotto came into that fight weighing 45 pounds on his own terms i'd consider it a ww fight.

u might not agree but i dont see how it's a ww fight when cotto had to weight 45 pounds not 47 which is the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                ^^^ Here's a classic example.
                Spare me the I been watching boxing 30 years new persona you're going with. You made my point for me you troll. There was no reason for Pac to make Cotto weigh 145 and he fought Oscar at 147.

Give me a good reason.
                Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

many of these same posters were againt floyd fighting martinez at a catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                    it was a catchweight fight different than the one he just had with oscar.

in that cotto had to weight below what he was comfortable weighing like i said i have no problem with it,

n think it was a great win for manny even though he had a hard fight himself.

but if cotto came into that fight weighing 45 pounds on his own terms i'd consider it a ww fight.

u might not agree but i dont see how it's a ww fight when cotto had to weight 45 pounds not 47 which is the rules.
                    i would def. expect someone to ***** about oscar since he had been fighting at middleweight and welterweight was something he had not made weight for in a lot of years, so that affected oscar a lot more than it would have cotto. Osacr was shot by that point anyway too so it didn't matter.

141-147 is the actual welterweight division so, they could've weighed in at whatever they wanted but the contract was for 145, so cotto signed his own death presumably.

the only rules is that 147 is the limit that you are alloted for weight, they can weight in at whatever they want as long as it is 141-147 as long as its stated differently by the agreed upon contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                      Spare me the I been watching boxing 30 years new persona you're going with. You made my point for me you troll. There was no reason for Pac to make Cotto weigh 145 and he fought Oscar at 147.Give me a good reason.
                      thats true what u say there meng....

Comment

Working...
                      X