Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undefeated Debate Champ Ben Shapiro Takes First Loss, QUITS Against BBC's Andrew Neil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Which is fine - if it's equal.
    Which they are not.

Words, be they spoken or typed, do not equate to a punch to the face.

Sadly, many people here dont grasp that simple concept.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Which they are not.

Words, be they spoken or typed, do not equate to a punch to the face.

Sadly, many people here dont grasp that simple concept.
      When you're Ben Shapiro and you've effectively knocked out so many people...yes, hearing your own words used against you to the point of embarrassment is just as bad as if you get completely outclassed in the ring. Not hurt maybe, but outclassed.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          When you're Ben Shapiro and you've effectively knocked out so many people...yes, hearing your own words used against you to the point of embarrassment is just as bad as if you get completely outclassed in the ring. Not hurt maybe, but outclassed.
          Again, this isnt a fight.

Mr Shapiro has never "knocked out" anyone to my knowledge.

Has he embarrassed countless people in debates? Yes.

Has he left many people completely speechless? Yes

But beating up people? No

As to being outclassed, again, there was no competition to speak of.

The interviewer never made a point, much less argued one with Mr Shapiro. He only attempted to play Gotcha! with Mr Shapiro, and Mr Shapiro wasn't interested in that nonsense at all so he left.

I would have done the same. I love to debate, but I absolutely refuse to play stupid Gotcha! games.

Comment

just saw it. wasn't the spectacle it's made it out to be. looks like andrew neil framing the abortion question in a negative way is what triggered ben. neil moving like a slow bowel movement probably didn't help either. i know ben admitted he wasn't prepared for the interview, though he did land some good counters specifically when neil brought up other people's videos for no reason lol, so im looking forward to what he brings in the rematch. i don't know anything about andrew neil apart from that video i saw before this shapiro one where he destroys some old leftist geezer on Venezuela. it's also funny to see libtards pile up on this as if they had personally and finally won something against shapiro, especially TYT. last i check their ******ed girl AOC is still ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Again, this isnt a fight.

Mr Shapiro has never "knocked out" anyone to my knowledge.

Has he embarrassed countless people in debates? Yes.

Has he left many people completely speechless? Yes

But beating up people? No

As to being outclassed, again, there was no competition to speak of.

The interviewer never made a point, much less argued one with Mr Shapiro. He only attempted to play Gotcha! with Mr Shapiro, and Mr Shapiro wasn't interested in that nonsense at all so he left.

I would have done the same. I love to debate, but I absolutely refuse to play stupid Gotcha! games.
              You can try to pretend you're above the middle class. The fact is, Mr. Shapiro got destroyed as badly as if he were in the ring with Floyd Mayweather.

Done

Comment

Don't get me wrong I'm a Conservative and Trump supporter and all that. But I can't stand Ben Shapiro.

Ragging on him is my own little guilty pleasure. I was all for him when he was destroying Piers in the gun debates. It wasn't until the 2016 primaries did I see this little snake for what he is. He resigned from Breitbart with that LIAR who was saying "Lewandowski assaulted me" in trying to obstruct Trump from getting the nomination over Cruz. He didnt stop there either. From there he constantly shlte on Trump. Calling him an idiot, saying he's a forever never trumper in the most literal since, how Trump will never win, how it would be better for Hillary to win than Trump because he would sully the purist Conservatism in Washington.

I can't stand how he is seen and sees himself as this genius, intellectual wiz kid politico. He just processes information fast. If being smart is processing information at mock speed than yes, he's "smart". I argue that he's a r3t@rd shill who despite analyzing intelligence at the rate of a computer still arrives at the most bone head answers and positions on things. He's not as bad as Glenn Beck as far as destruction but he's right up there man I tell ya. When his would be political allies were being banned and censored, he was tweeting about trivial pop culture cr@p, chumming it up with Jake Tapper or scking his own dlck.

To think we arguably could be neck deep in another hopeless war in Syria for Birch gold promo codes so Ben Shapiro can sell his gd sheets is infuriating. No wonder so many people not on the left love seeing this guy get destroyed. Ever since Trump won he's been helping the MSM narrative in defining an "alt right" in his attempts to wrestle back political power from Trump to his neocon heathens. He complains how he's a victim of "Nazis" online saying they want to burn him in an oven.. Uh Ben? Real Nazis don't believe there was actually ovens.

This Neo Palestinian can go back to alternative media where he can share his Judeo-DMT values with Joe Rogan

Comment

1bad debating technique

1bad: 1 + 1 = 3

World: you’re wrong

1bad: I don’t play gotcha games and will be forced to place you on ignore if you persist with this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                    1bad debating technique

1bad: 1 + 1 = 3

World: you’re wrong

1bad: I don’t play gotcha games and will be forced to place you on ignore if you persist with this nonsense.

Sounds like Shapiro with his debating style.

Comment

I don't know this Shapiro guy but he came across really badly there. It reminded me of one of those arguments where the guy points out how the woman is wrong and that she's being over-emotional, and the woman responds by being even more over-emotional.

Part of it might come down to the US vs UK style being different. You guys seem to get more heated more often, and the hosts of your news shows seem a bit more obvious with their politics. So Shapiro maybe has less experience with guys who will just calmly continue and not get worked up or angry, Neill in particular is a guy works for a left wing TV company and runs a right wing magazine so has had decades of being accused of bias but not caring.

Also Shapiro seemed to quick to enter 'debate mode'. It was an interview, meaning he gets asked questions and has to answer, not that they take it in turn to ask questions or that he gets to answer criticisms of the entire concept that his book is based on with 'yeah but you're biased doe'.

The worst was towards the end. 'I'm famous than you' then walking out. I'm sure he's a smart guy but seems to have the emotional core of a child. People are giving him credit for 'taking the L' but his comments say he wasn't prepared which is just a crybaby excuse. What prep do you even need to explain why you have spent years using OTT and crude language yet now want to complain about other people lowering the bar? He's wasn't even asked that many tough Q's as Neill was still warming up, Shapiro barely lasted longer than Curtis Harper.

Good to see someone suggesting that the Shapiro L doesn't mean as much because the BBC something something 9/11 conspiracy. Because that has oh so much to do with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X