Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Lovers, What Would You Purchase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIGs are great but i think overpriced for what most people end up using it for. not a world of difference between a SIG and the newer glocks to an average shooter except for the ridiculous price gap. i don't like the trigger pull on the beretta 92 and it's big and bulky if you have small hands.

Comment

if you don't need a safety feature I vote Glock. 19 or 17, try them at a range and pick the one that suits your carrying needs.

Comment

I do wanna get a Magnum tho. Just to stunt

Comment

P320 or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Ok, so I'd like a basic review of the following firearms

Sig P226
            Sig P320
            Glock 17 and 19
            Beretta 92

The military recently signed a contract for the Sig 320, although the P226 are Navy's choice. Obviously the Glock is universally praised, and the Beretta has been serving the army for a very long time until the sig 320 came around.

Which would you recommend out of the 4 and what are your thoughts on each one?
            Sig 226 -- great gun all around but pricey...and on the big side (in case you are considering a permit to carry), you may want to look @ the Rex Zero 1...same basic design/platform (all metal as well) and in the 600s. Great reviews.

Sig P320 -- what size? I wouldnt buy it for the "modularity" aspect of it, but it has many fans. Better trigger than Glocks out the box they say... one thing to consider is despite them winning the army contract this platform hasnt been without its hiccups. They went through a pretty big scandal last year because it was found that they will fire if dropped at a certain angle.

Glock 17/19 are proven pistols (to say the least). You know what you get with Glock, solid and simple all around, like a Camry. Nothin fancy. The biggest selling point outside of them being rock solid reliable is the crazyyyy amount of aftermarket support. Holsters, lights, lasers, triggers, sights, RMRs, etc. etc. Magazine availability and pricing is second to none probably.

Beretta 92 is also proven and a great gun. Just very heavy, so you would have to be extremely committed I think, to carry this thing. For home defense and/or range duty this would shine. One thing to consider is that the Beretta (and the Sig 226) are DA/SA, so the first trigger pull is long and heavy because the trigger pull also pulls the hammer back and drops it. Consequent shots will be single action though.

Not a lot of people like the DA/SA transition but that's what training is for.

LeftHookTua is very knowledgable with weaponry, I'm sure he will chime in if he hasnt already.

Comment

Getting ready to order the Springfield armory 911!

But my top 5 in my possession are my bodyguards!

1.Beretta P×4 compact - always ready and steady with almost to no recoil

2. EAA Sar K2P - very affordable, handle is glorious and it's my go to fave due to the rounds size!

3.glock 19 gen 5- the best of the best, handle is elite, shooting is near flAwless, rounds amount is nigh perfect and it's legendary. I keep it incased to be passed down!

4.HK p30k- what more do you want?

5. KAHR Pm9- easily concealed and still deadly

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Ok, so I'd like a basic review of the following firearms

Sig P226
                Sig P320
                Glock 17 and 19
                Beretta 92

The military recently signed a contract for the Sig 320, although the P226 are Navy's choice. Obviously the Glock is universally praised, and the Beretta has been serving the army for a very long time until the sig 320 came around.

Which would you recommend out of the 4 and what are your thoughts on each one?
                Sig p226 will run you about a g or more

I'd take the sig p320

They had some issues but it got fixed

Never shot one but my bro in law and sis loves theirs

Every review I saw was very favorable to the sig p320

Beretta is classic but Meh

Glock is plain

Plus sig p320 is modular

You can change their he frame, slide, etc. Make it bigger, smaller, shorter, etc.

Only a small metal piece is the actual gun.

Everything else you can change.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                  SIGs are great but i think overpriced for what most people end up using it for. not a world of difference between a SIG and the newer glocks to an average shooter except for the ridiculous price gap. i don't like the trigger pull on the beretta 92 and it's big and bulky if you have small hands.
                  The classic sigs are very expensive

Because they're all metal construction and they were being built in germany/Switzerland at one point

The new sigs like p320 are polymer, striker fired like the glock.

They're about the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
                    Sig 226 -- great gun all around but pricey...and on the big side (in case you are considering a permit to carry), you may want to look @ the Rex Zero 1...same basic design/platform (all metal as well) and in the 600s. Great reviews.

Sig P320 -- what size? I wouldnt buy it for the "modularity" aspect of it, but it has many fans. Better trigger than Glocks out the box they say... one thing to consider is despite them winning the army contract this platform hasnt been without its hiccups. They went through a pretty big scandal last year because it was found that they will fire if dropped at a certain angle.

Glock 17/19 are proven pistols (to say the least). You know what you get with Glock, solid and simple all around, like a Camry. Nothin fancy. The biggest selling point outside of them being rock solid reliable is the crazyyyy amount of aftermarket support. Holsters, lights, lasers, triggers, sights, RMRs, etc. etc. Magazine availability and pricing is second to none probably.

Beretta 92 is also proven and a great gun. Just very heavy, so you would have to be extremely committed I think, to carry this thing. For home defense and/or range duty this would shine. One thing to consider is that the Beretta (and the Sig 226) are DA/SA, so the first trigger pull is long and heavy because the trigger pull also pulls the hammer back and drops it. Consequent shots will be single action though.

Not a lot of people like the DA/SA transition but that's what training is for.

LeftHookTua is very knowledgable with weaponry, I'm sure he will chime in if he hasnt already.
                    Sig p320 had issues when dropped at certain angles

Had to do with the super light trigger

They fixed it

A lot of ppl didn't even bother sending it back to be fixed.

A lot of the hate sig p320 gets on the Internet is from Internet glock fan boys

They were very upset that army chose sig p320 over glock

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                      Sig sauer legion or the sig sauer 1911
                      He's gonna need to take a mortgage out on his house lol

Comment

Working...
                      X