Why HBO Sent Top Rank Packing and if Bob isn't careful ESPN will too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
    I'm all ears....explain.
    Explain how boxing is a cut throat business and how arum has evolved everytime he has needed to for over 50 yrs in this business? And explain how a bunch of nobodys on these kinda sites believe they know the secrets and the in and outs of the boxing biz? Come on... Its very self explanatory. Pbc screwed around and fooked up their chances to prove themselves on espn and arum came and got a big 4 yr contract and now hes hurt ppls feelings and they are butt hurt. Look i dont care as long as boxing is on tv. But obviously some weirdos dont think so. Therefore... I think its very elementary and funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
      Explain how boxing is a cut throat business and how arum has evolved everytime he has needed to for over 50 yrs in this business? And explain how a bunch of nobodys on these kinda sites believe they know the secrets and the in and outs of the boxing biz? Come on... Its very self explanatory. Pbc screwed around and fooked up their chances to prove themselves on espn and arum came and got a big 4 yr contract and now hes hurt ppls feelings and they are butt hurt. Look i dont care as long as boxing is on tv. But obviously some weirdos dont think so. Therefore... I think its very elementary and funny.
      Damn.... your dumb

Comment

Calls me a casual and then makes an argument as to why he's the casual. Lololololol

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          TR saw some money and an opportunity to air their stars against bums like they enjoy doing. HBO said good luck with that, we will just keep raking in the money making Game Of Thrones and other original content.
          Showtime jumped in with both feet and they're still getting **** ratings. Boxing is not picking up any more fans, it's a niche sport at this point.
          This...

As much as I love boxing, it IS a niche Sport these days no matter how big a PPV may do. There's still too many road blocks from Promoters, Networks, Fighters literally not wanting to fight one another, etc. Why would anyone believe it would be a "Mainstream" sport if they can't get simple things like......the best fighting the best on a VERY consistent basis without dishing $80-100?

I'm going to give TR / ESPN deal a chance like I did with the PBC venture but I think at the end of the day the majority of the cards will be showcase / lower level championship fights. Even A Loma vs Rigo fight while for us is a Mega Dream Fight, I wouldn't doubt the ratings for that would be "Decent" at best.

Comment

As if Haymon or Showtime are doing any better.
            Considering the number of fighters languishing in their shelves.
            Espinoza keeps employing TBE's services, yet fans still see no improvement.
            Last edited by rickJen; 09-09-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              This...

As much as I love boxing, it IS a niche Sport these days no matter how big a PPV may do. There's still too many road blocks from Promoters, Networks, Fighters literally not wanting to fight one another, etc. Why would anyone believe it would be a "Mainstream" sport if they can't get simple things like......the best fighting the best on a VERY consistent basis without dishing $80-100?

I'm going to give TR / ESPN deal a chance like I did with the PBC venture but I think at the end of the day the majority of the cards will be showcase / lower level championship fights. Even A Loma vs Rigo fight while for us is a Mega Dream Fight, I wouldn't doubt the ratings for that would be "Decent" at best.
              Na, I believe Bob feels the pressure. He's definately going to get this Rigo deal done. The question is whether it will be on ESPN or not.

Comment

Na, I believe Bob feels the pressure. He's definately going to get this Rigo deal done. The question is whether it will be on ESPN or not.
                It'll definitely be on ESPN. Putting the fight on PPV would be a huge mistake. The fight seems as if is going to go down but I think they're going to wait until after Canelo vs GGG is done (which would be smart) to make an official announcement. The fight also wouldn't be until December 9th which is still some time away. But I definitely think it's Rigo or bust.

Comment

Damn.... your dumb
                  Haha youre very predictable

Comment

Damn.... your dumb

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I love little troll sheep like him they make my day so much better.

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      It'll definitely be on ESPN. Putting the fight on PPV would be a huge mistake. The fight seems as if is going to go down but I think they're going to wait until after Canelo vs GGG is done (which would be smart) to make an official announcement. The fight also wouldn't be until December 9th which is still some time away. But I definitely think it's Rigo or bust.
                      Let's hope. This is actually the one time I'm not rooting against Bob. I need and want the ESPN deal to work out.
                      Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                      Haha youre very predictable
                      So predictable- That no threads like these have been made right ?

You al right posters are all the same. I hit you with publicly reported facts and you hit me with pseudo-responses.

I'm almost done with your daddy, Bob. I'm going to finish my duck tales expose of Bob "Uncle Donald" Arum with his media crony Thomas Hauser.

Comment

Working...
                      X