No announcement yet.

Last night proved making weight hurt Cotto against Pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRoyJones View Post
    I'm not saying Pacquiao wouldn't have beat him anyway because styles make the fights. I'm just saying that he looked pretty damn fit last night.

He needs to take more easy fights to boost his confidence further and then step it up in the middle of next year. maybe get him a fight every 2 months against a bum or prospect to get him back in the hunt. Definitely put him in with Bruce Banner aka Margarito without his cinderblock wraps. I think thats an easy fight and a great confidince booster.

Maybe later he can step up and fight guys like Alfredo Angulo or James Kirkland when he's free. Cotto should tell that lanky bastard P.Will to **** off and fight Chad Dawson at a 168lbs catch weight, and tell Kermit to jump back in his pond because they're both all wrong for him. I think Cottos' gonna be fine at this weight though and finish out the rest of his career in a respectable way.
    I completely agree. I'm not a person that looks for excuses after fights but a couple of days before the fight when Cotto tried to hit the catchweight he looked drained as **** and obviously you could see at the last 24/7 before the fight that he was starving himself to make the weight, while Pacquiao feasted on lobster and didn't have to sacrifice any of his nutrition..

That being said I think that a healthy Cotto would have put a way closer fight than the first time around but the outcome will always be the same, Cotto's style is made for Pacquiao.

Comment

alright **** it

drop the Floyd negotiations and PAC should go after Cotto's belt

afterwards, you bitches can cry about Cotto not having it anymore and Steward ****ing up his style

i like Cotto and all you fools that are asking for a rematch just want to see him hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        alright **** it

afterwards, you bitches can cry about Cotto not having it anymore and Steward ****ing up his style

i like Cotto and all you fools that are asking for a rematch just want to see him hurt
        That is what I am saying. I want the Pac-Cotto rematch at 154. I am tired of everybody making dumbass excuses on why Pac dominated Cotto.

Maybe the reason was that Pac is just greater than Cotto. But, I don't mind the rematch at 154 watch him stop Cotto again. And, then everybody can STFU after.

Comment

alright **** it

Pay the man Shirley.

A rematch is pointless.

Martinez-Cotto is new and different.

Lets do that.

Comment

alright **** it

You either can't read or don't read. Equally bad. I never mentioned no Pac rematch. He'll get battered again. I said the styles make the fights.

Comment

I'm not saying Pacquiao wouldn't have beat him anyway because styles make the fights. I'm just saying that he looked pretty damn fit last night.

He needs to take more easy fights to boost his confidence further and then step it up in the middle of next year. maybe get him a fight every 2 months against a bum or prospect to get him back in the hunt. Definitely put him in with Bruce Banner aka Margarito without his cinderblock wraps. I think thats an easy fight and a great confidince booster.

Maybe later he can step up and fight guys like Alfredo Angulo or James Kirkland when he's free. Cotto should tell that lanky bastard P.Will to **** off and fight Chad Dawson at a 168lbs catch weight, and tell Kermit to jump back in his pond because they're both all wrong for him. I think Cottos' gonna be fine at this weight though and finish out the rest of his career in a respectable way.
              The fight yesterday did not prove anything but Cotto is not totally shot.I thought it was a good fight but what if Yuri had some power?I believe cotto would have been in more trouble.But Yuri had enough heart.

Comment

Seriously Pac beats cotto at 154 while Pac weighs in at 145, Cotto need to do a Mosley( after losing to winky) and fight a lot of mediocre fights before stepping it up.

Comment

You either can't read or don't read. Equally bad. I never mentioned no Pac rematch. He'll get battered again. I said the styles make the fights.
                  Don't lie, if that was the case then there was no reason to put Pac in the title.

You could of said Cotto looks much better at 154 then he did at 147. But, you put Pac in the title so you insinuating that was the reason Pac won. Because, of the weight.

If you thought Pac won cuz he is just better or cuz of the styles. then there would have been no reason to put Pac on the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Seriously Pac beats cotto at 154 while Pac weighs in at 145, Cotto need to do a Mosley( after losing to winky) and fight a lot of mediocre fights before stepping it up.
                    I don't think he can do that fighters at Jr MW are coming from him and there are alot of tough fighters in that div.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      That is what I am saying. I want the Pac-Cotto rematch at 154. I am tired of everybody making dumbass excuses on why Pac dominated Cotto.

Maybe the reason was that Pac is just greater than Cotto. But, I don't mind the rematch at 154 watch him stop Cotto again. And, then everybody can STFU after.
                      He wouldn't even fight him at 147, you really think he'll fight him at 154?

That said, Pacquiao should beat Cotto at any weight. He's just better.

Comment

Working...
                      X