No announcement yet.

Munroe to get title shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munroe to get title shot

Binman Rendall Munroe will get a world title shot next year after the Leicester super-bantamweight was ranked No 2 by the WBC.

Munroe, who backs up his boxing by working as a dustman, received the rating after adding the Commonwealth crown to his European title.

Promoter Frank Maloney said: “Rendall has worked hard to get himself into this position and I’m sure he can get the world title fight he craves inside the next 12 months.”
    He deserves it to be honest.

Cool just checked the rankings here's the link
    Champion Toshiaka Nishioka
    1.Rafael Marquez
    2.Rendall Munroe
    3.Steve Molitor
    http://www.wbcboxing.com/WBCboxing/P...cid&sortby=ASC

Comment

Hopefully he can get a shot but i personally don't think he will win a world title unless he quits the day job and trains full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
        Hopefully he can get a shot but i personally don't think he will win a world title unless he quits the day job and trains full time.
        If he gets somewhat close to winning it or does win a title, then he'll definitely quit. But he's not getting any younger so he needs to do it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
          If he gets somewhat close to winning it or does win a title, then he'll definitely quit. But he's not getting any younger so he needs to do it soon.

he is in his late 20's now aint he?

Comment

I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So i have to learn it. Thanks for the post.

htt p://pret-auto.org

Comment

Lets hope he does . Frankly the lad well deserves it . He's basically conquered the domestic superbantamweight scene with his european and commonwealth titles so the next step is the world stage . IMO if he were to fight Steve Molitor he'd win.

Comment

he is in his late 20's now aint he?
                Yeah, he's just turned 29.

Originally posted by boxingp4p
                Lets hope he does . Frankly the lad well deserves it . He's basically conquered the domestic superbantamweight scene with his european and commonwealth titles so the next step is the world stage . IMO if he were to fight Steve Molitor he'd win.
                He's a very entertaining fighter, accurate punches and nice clean combos. He's definitely World level material.

Comment

Update:

Promoter, Frank Maloney is now trying to arrange a fight with current WBA Super bantamweight champion Bernard Dunne.
                  Winnable?

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                    Update:

Winnable?
                    Aslong as he doesn't get dragged into a brawl. Maloney says he's trying to get Jason Booth a world title shot as well. I think its the same deal with Booth and Munroe at world level they throw great accurate punches, good movement with a polished style but i don't know if either have the power to earn an opponents respect at world level.

Comment

Working...
                    X