Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! now I don't have to buy this sorry ass card....

I hope it does under a Million buys

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I wouldn't say all that. He just doesn't let anybody bully him into negotiations. I don't see why people are surprised that Floyd wouldn't agree to some bull**** like this.
      It's obvious that the plan for everyone is to make Mayweather-Alvarez if they both win.

I don't see why Canelo needs it signed in advance.

If he fights and beats Trout on the Mayweather undercard he's going to get the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Floyd sells a Mill plus without Canelo lol. **** does he need him for.
        Not with a guy like Guerrero. He has to fight big names to get over 1 million.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          It's obvious that the plan for everyone is to make Mayweather-Alvarez if they both win.

I don't see why Canelo needs it signed in advance.

If he fights and beats Trout on the Mayweather undercard he's going to get the Mayweather fight.
          Exactly. Floyd has 18 months to defend his WBA title so he has to fight at that weight this year. The only fighter with a following at 154 is Canelo and Canelo would become his mandatory if he defeats Trout.

Comment

I wish he was still fighting Alexander with out Canelo on the undercard...

so I could laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Looks like Floyd is afraid of Saul Alvarez.

He wants to fight another naturally smaller man in September, perhaps Ponce de Leon who would agree to come up to welterweight to fight him, like Marquez did. Maybe he'll try to get someone old and shot like Joan Guzman or a flawed fighter like Amir Khan.
              That is ridiculous. Floyd probably wouldn't mind committing to Canelo in Sept. if he wasn't fighting Trout. He probably feels there's a good chance Trout beats Canelo and of course if that happens, the fight won't be as big. Canelo might drop Trout because of this whole mess.

Comment

canelo is already a big azz superstar in mexico so why fight as somebodys undercard, floyd can try to sell the fight to the mexicans on his own, lol, im not purchasing it now

Comment

Not sure, but you bring up a good point. Maybe they've agreed on the 'If you beat Trout, I fight you in Sept' point but now they're arguing over percentages, etc. I don't doubt there's a financial aspect to this since it's probably the biggest PPV of the year and even a fraction of a percent is hard to give up when you're in the revenue-sharing loop.

Both guys need to tread carefully, Floyd's running out of dance partners and GBP/Canelo know they can't keep feeding him junior welters.

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  but how would that even work from a negotation standpoint? Floyd probably wants to do it as 2 separate things. If he agrees now then can Canelo ask for whatever he wants in September? He'll probably try to act like he's selling alot of PPV's for Floyd and Floyd will probably try to say that he did it mostly on his own. Canelo will want a bigger percentage then Floyd will want to give him, espically if he has a contract saying that Floyd has to fight him. To me it just is hard to do finacially.

At the same time Canelo has to play his cards right. He can walk and fight Trout on his own but he's still not the star people make him out to be. To be famous he still needs that Floyd fight and if he backs out now then I bet Floyd will either not even look his way in Septermber or will rape him in negotiations

Comment

just get canelo his own date.He shouldint risk getting robbed by haymon.
                    Fight angulo or smith,Maybe even delvin rodriguez.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Not with a guy like Guerrero. He has to fight big names to get over 1 million.
                      I dont buy it as I said in my 1st post. The only thing that could hurt it now is that everyone thought the Canelo-Trout would be on it so that will put a bad taste in there mouth but if no one ever thought they were on it, then I bet he could get a mil with the Ghost.

Again, he's a Mexican, looks white, fighting a black man, is decorated, is a great speaker, and his wife has the Cancer story. People are so underrating what a fight like that could sell like. Its not about the big name anymore. Its about the story.

The story brings the casual fan in when they are watching those 24/7 type shows. Add that to the fact that you do have alot of people thinking the Ghost would give him trouble anyways

Comment

Working...
                      X