No announcement yet.

How do I root my Android phone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I root my Android phone?

The Android forums are geeky, someone here please help.

Originally posted by Jadon View Post
    The Android forums are geeky, someone here please help.
    YouTube it. You'll find everything you need there.

Comment

The android forums are geeky? I would assume if you root your android you would want to know exactly what your phone is capable and not capable of and how it works. Rooting an android gives you nice control. But like the previous poster mentioned you can YouTube it.

Comment

f I were you OP, go on XDA forums. They know what they're talking about and can help you root the phone or with any questions you have. It's not a simple task if you've never rooted or know anything of that realm of the phone game. You can go on XDA, which is what I recommend doing or else you can youtube it.

Comment

So to my understanding, rooting is one step and ROM's are what is different? I am a total noob so my apologies.

Comment

You'd be surprised how awesome search engines are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadon View Post
              So to my understanding, rooting is one step and ROM's are what is different? I am a total noob so my apologies.
              Rooting is just unlocking the phone. It becomes free. You can use apps like "Titanium Back Up". You can back up apps, freeze apps like bloat ware that take up battery, ect ect. If you don't have a tethering, you can do that with some apps.

Custom Roms are customized operating systems you can install aka flash once you are rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
                Rooting is just unlocking the phone. It becomes free. You can use apps like "Titanium Back Up". You can back up apps, freeze apps like bloat ware that take up battery, ect ect. If you don't have a tethering, you can do that with some apps.

Custom Roms are customized operating systems you can install aka flash once you are rooted.
                Thank you. Well I am looking at getting a Game Boy Emulator LOL. As for ROM's, I am not sure what to get yet but I have done some You Tubing as you suggested and the Rooting worked! One ROM looked pretty good where the Video Recording was improved quality wise! Wow.

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                You'd be surprised how awesome search engines are.
                If that is the case then is there any point in most threads? Surely even your S3 thread, people can search for when it was out, what functions it has? Just saying.

People here are actually helpful and explain things a lot easier than on a dedicated Android forum from what I read for example.

Comment

I'm just busting your balls lol

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I'm just busting your balls lol
                    OK my bad bro, seemed like you had a dig at me, but it was a joke.

Enjoy your phone! I can see you are into technology! Your reviews are well written and have good info. Keep it up!

How do you find the typing on it? Not sure if it's my fingers but I get typo's and the auto correct is not the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X